Thursday, May 10, 2018

I don't know why I find this so amusing, but I do !

She's inexpensive and easy to dress !

I get more done on busy days ! Did two more loads of laundry, including the bedsheets, and washed enough dishes for dinner. Trying a new recipe for goulash – I remember eating something similar as a kid. (grin) I balked at it until my mother detailed everything in it, all foods I liked. She didn’t make it often, but after that, I chowed down whenever I got it !


Tried all the yard sale shirts from Friday on Ms. Elsa, and they fit pretty well. It’s hard to get most of them on her, due to her limited arm movement, so I’m gonna split all of ‘em down the back, take some fabric out of most of ‘em. It’ll cinch up the necklines a bit and help the sleeves look less saggy. Not to mention make it easy to dress her !


Once they’re done, she’ll have five shirts, one dress, a fleece robe, and her costume. I gotta start work on some skirts, pants, and shorts !


Since it’d been nearly a week since my last prowl, Dearest Son and I visited Goodwill. He found a Build-A-Bear ‘Palace Pets’, a fluffy white dog I think is Cinderella’s Pumpkin puppy, and a racing game for one of his consoles. I found eight Mercedes Lackey "Valdemar" series books (mostly paperback, but none I had), and a glittery checkerboard pair of toddler shoes for Ms. Elsa. Those were half-price ! Wish the books had been. . .


Once home, I got his new B-A-B in the wash, and another stuffed toy of his. The second split a seam, so I had to re-stuff it and hand-sew it shut. We also discovered the Cinderella B-A-B was open in the back, so I got that one done, too. My ladder stitch is improving steadily ! Dearest didn’t even know about the split, and couldn't tell where it was.


With all that going on, I didn’t get to more than one of Ms. Elsa’s shirts, but I will tomorrow. I also have a pattern for pants for the smaller toddler Disney Princesses I hope to try. Gosh knows I got the fabric !

1 comment:

  1. That Elsa shirt on her is fabulous and hilarious! :-)

    ReplyDelete