Saturday, May 5, 2018

Fancy Nancy gets a Maxi !


Slept late and awoke to the sweetness of a still-slumbering Beloved Hubby and our kitty, tucked in between us, flat on her back, paws tucked under her chin. Guess I hit a sugar rush, ‘cause the next thing I remember, I was waking up again, to a much brighter day.


Beloved and Dearest Son were roaringly hungry, so I went out for a late breakfast / early lunch. Sometimes a bacon cheeseburger is exactly what ya need, even if you don’t realize it ‘til that first savory bite.


Puttered around for a while, and halfway cleaned up from Ms. Elsa’s new dress creation before I got bored and decided to play with my new dolls. Hearts 4 Hearts Dell is a bit loosely strung, but she’s beautiful – gorgeous eyes, cute freckles, and the best hair I’ve seen on a doll since Elphie. Her hair was tangled due to her thrift days, but it brushed out easily with nearly no shed. Since I’ve read that Wellie Wishers clothes fit H4H, I hope to sew for her next. While her blouse and shoes are original to her, the blue velveteen snakeskin bell-bottoms clearly aren’t – I think they’re from a Ty Groovy Girls doll, but there’s no tag.


Fancy Nancy also has nice hair, more prone to frizz and shed than Dell, but far nicer than most Disney Princesses I could mention. I confess, I’m not a huge fan of redheads – had trouble with several human ones – but her sweet smile and big green eyes were just irresistible. It also helped that she was marked down to 79¢, not because she was cheap, but because I kinda felt sorry for her. And, as with most dolls, when I see a nude one, I have a compulsion to dress them somehow. So they know they’re cared for by somebody.


She still needs a bath, but I wanted to sew. So I folded the cutaway piece from Ms. Elsa’s dress, conveniently still on my desk, until it looked about right and started pinning. Since maxi-dresses are all the rage of late, I decided to keep hers long and flowing. I still have a rectangle of that fabric left - with its built-in hem ! – left, so don’t be surprised if Dell or someone shows up wearing it tomorrow. You know me, I like to use all that buffalo.


For now, though, it’s time to make dinner and start powering down for the night. I might actually finish my clean-up tomorrow ! Just don’t hold me to that. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment