Thursday, May 3, 2018

Recovery Thursday.

Cinderella BaB, Hearts 4 Hearts Dell, and Fancy Nancy in an outfit from the grab bag !

After a night of wild storms, more alarms, howling winds, red-tinted lightning and pouring rain, it was a gorgeous day. Kind of like Mother Nature saying, ‘Look, I’m sorry I was so crazy last night. I did some stuff I’m not proud of, but I don’t regret any of it. Still, I feel bad about all that, so here’s something nice to make up for it. If I could make cookies, I would, but how about a sunny, beautiful day instead ?’.


Still, neither Beloved Hubby or I slept that well, due to the thunder and flashes, so he was home today, and slept a lot. I caught up on my rest and was awake, so I puttered. My last big fabric bag haul inexplicably contained a beautiful floral dress, so I pin-fit it to Ms. Elsa, for kicks. Hope to sew it tomorrow (my machines are in our bedroom, where Beloved’s hopefully snoring).


You might laugh at this, but. . .  a few weeks ago, I got tired of having tiny scraps of paper with various doll measurements on them, and having to look most of them up repeatedly. I’d decided to make a Doll Files database from a spiral-bound index card file, but Dollar Tree didn’t have any. Instead, I got a small photo album and used index cards we already had to record the information. I can alter, change, and add to the pages at will. It’s now at my fingertips, and so often used, I made a second one today from a small notebook I had sitting around, bound it with some fold-over elastic, and added it to my purse. Elastic will keep the notebook from opening in the wilds of my handbag and shredding, plus it keeps temporary notes accessible. Not bad ! Both got updated with Build-A-Bear and Hearts 4 Hearts files.


I also cut/pasted some website tutorials I had up on my browser for far too long. Mostly for ideas and reference, but it’s better for my rather old laptop to not keep things up forever. I’ve had this sweetie since 2008 and have no wish to replace her anytime soon. She’s perfect !


Wish me luck, I hope to sew Ms. Elsa’s new dress tomorrow !

No comments:

Post a Comment