Sunday, May 6, 2018

Dell gets a happy dress !


Today’s project made me happy ! First off, it used up the last of that thrifted dress. And I mean, the very last. There’s not even the tiniest of scraps left. I used that whole buffalo !


Second is that, while it’s hard to tell from the photo, Hearts 4 Hearts Dell got a shirred bodice sundress – it’s been a long time since I pulled out that bobbin of elastic thread and went to town with it. It’s great to know that I can still do it, and it looks pretty good. Even remembered to steam the elastic for the best shirrs, even if you can’t see ‘em, and press the straps.


Third is that, start to finish and even including cheap-serging all the raw edges, Dell’s dress took about 30 minutes. And it uses the original dress hem. I also got the dry cleaner’s label off the garment tag. It was made by Twentyone, and has a flying bird, which may mean it’s from Forever 21. Can’t find it online, though, but it really was nice fabric to work with !


Rest of today was napping, snacking, and Netflix. And slow-cooker pork steaks in garlic-onion gravy with baked potatoes. I’m already looking forward to the leftovers !

1 comment: