Wednesday, May 2, 2018

I think the thrift store is my real therapy. . .


Didn’t sleep well last night, for whatever reason, and was so sleepy this morning, I did NOT want to go to therapy. But a warm shower and some of Beloved Hubby’s dark, sweet coffee perked me up a bit, so I promised m’self a trip to the Other Town’s much-loved thrift store, and maybe a quick bite at Arby’s afterward, and off I went.


Therapy went well, but she decided not to take the Frozen castle, even after I dragged it there, up the elevator, and into the conference room – I just had to undo it all, while other patients stared at me for carrying around big toys. I actually sniggered a bit when I donated it.  


I’d share photos of my haul, but we’re in the midst of a tornado warning. I was finishing up dinner, listening to Men At Work’s Who Can It Be Now ?,  when I heard the sirens over the headphone music. As usual, the TV meteorologists were going insane, and there were dozens of radar images that looked like 70s modern art. I let Beloved study the danger while I melted cheese and served up supper. We’re OK, but with the storm raging outside, I don’t want to take flash photos. I will tomorrow, promise !


Anyway, I had about $50. worth of stuff in my cart, but winnowed it down – I really was going crazy. With my discount card (that paid for itself a month ago !), I scored a LE Cinderella blue Build-a-Bear wearing a tee with a castle print and jeans, a small bag of various doll clothes (including a pair of silver sequin BaB shoes), a nude purple-streak Fancy Nancy, Hearts 4 Heart’s Dell with her original blouse and shoes, and a black velvet and tulle infant’s dress and Baby Phat onesie that’ll fit the BaBs for the princely sum of $12. Someone somewhere paid more than that for the bear’s outfit !


I put back big bundles of fabric, and a Disney Princess & Me Ariel in a toddler Rapunzel dress, a large stuffed Sven. I’m glad I did. I really like what I got, and know I didn’t get any of it just ‘cause it was cheep. Sometimes it’s enough to know you could have it, but ya really don’t need any of it. Just the really special stuff.  


And that roast beef sandwich was so goooood. . .

2 comments:

  1. You've gotta watch out for those Build A Bears. They're addicting. I'm speaking for experience.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ! I'm starting to attract them, like Elsa dolls !

      Delete