Tuesday, May 15, 2018

My new wallpaper !


Busy day, for a  Tuesday ! Took Dearest Son on a much-delayed trip to the Library – there was a video he wanted and color laser prints he wanted to do. I had some patterns I wanted to try, but they were multi-part, and too complicated to attempt the ‘trace the monitor’ trick on. Until we get our laser printer back up, we gotta use the Library’s. Luckily, full color prints are only 30¢ each, black ink only, 15¢.


Went to the bank first, as the Library’s printers run on a vending-machine sort of deal, so we needed cash. The popcorn and lollipops that are in the lobby had nothing to do with it ! But we got some anyway.  


Just as I sat down at the Library terminal to order our prints, a woman came in with a huge, fur-to-the-floor dog. She got headed off by a staff member, but not before stridently making the plaint that she needed her dog constantly, to comfort her. I’m badly allergic, so I grabbed my inhaler and moved to another terminal, which didn’t escape the staff. Since the canine wasn’t an actual licensed service dog, but an unlicensed emotional support animal, she had to take him/her outside. I got to the furthest terminal I could find – she tried to sit down right next to me, of course ! – and had to give myself a few minutes before I got what we needed. I’d sent Dearest to go look at movies – while he’s not allergic, he is apprehensive about dogs due to several bad experiences.


From there, we got the few groceries we needed for the week, including pepperoni for tonight’s French Bread pizzas, possibly Dearest Son’s favorite home-made meal. I like to toast the bread with garlic butter in the oven for a few minutes, then let everyone do their favorite toppings their way. Then back in the oven to melt cheese, and dinner is served ! It helps when M-W has the bread on markdown for 34¢ a loaf.


Therapy tomorrow, so I’m for bed. Hope you have a lovely evening !

No comments:

Post a Comment