Thursday, November 14, 2013

These are the days of our...calendars.

Current Notes: My calendars are here already ! Glad I caught 'em on sale. 




We had homeschool game day this week – we may not have another ‘til next year, with all the holidays on the way. We played a fun new game, Spot It !, that I really enjoyed. Basically, the cards have just one image in common between any two cards. You can play it any number of ways, including solitaire. I wonder how they can do that, keep it at just one image per card sets. I was just glad to see the icons weren’t product logos. There actually is a game like that, it uses real everyday trademarked logos – the first time I saw the ad, I thought it was a parody, a joke. Nope. It exists. Logo Party.


Dearest Son was a little more outgoing, but even that was like dragging a donkey. But we played a destructive version of chess together, a few rounds of giant Connect Four, featuring the world’s largest crash when it’s reset (none of the wood parts are cushioned with felt or anything), and fetched home a small pyramid of books.



(sigh) That’s been about it for the day. I’m still trying to figure out how to arrange my desk so that I don’t have to move out of the way for everyone to get to the bathroom. I’m shoved over as far as I can go – and I can pass even with my chair all the way out – but I still get nudged about 80% of the time. Each way. Between the interrupts and the bumps, I’m rapidly getting mean. One bathroom for 5 people is a recipe for eventual disaster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment