Friday, November 8, 2013

Hmmm... maybe.

Current Notes: While I'm still not 'into' Ever After High - it's like Mattel is ripping itself off ! - I like the Huntsman doll. So I'm thinking about it. And that's all. So there. 




The new Noren curtains are working really well ! I barely knew FIL was cooking ‘til he was nearly done. The things we do for dolls…


Today, I cleaned up my display of Barbie/Midge/Ken doll cases. They’d been suffering from my benign neglect for well over a year, as I’d never cleaned them for the year plus we lived in the apartment. I was actually surprised at how little dirt they had on them – just a nice protective layer of dust. I think I’ll make the second Friday of every month Case Cleaning Day !


Giving serious thought to obtaining the Ever After High Hunter and Cinderella set. I don’t really care enough to learn their names, but I like the Huntsman doll, and want her shoes for the MH crew. Maybe the dress, too. I actually got bored enough to watch a EAH webisode, and I was really glad I have the MH Cupid. The ‘softer, gentler’ Cupid’s baby-face (just like everyone else’s face in EAH)  just doesn’t appeal – and her whole ‘love from afar’ plotline is a bit shopworn. I prefer how Mattel did EAH Cupid’s lips, though.  Wonder if the wings are swappable…?


I was all set to order the set from Amazon, when I discovered Mal-Wart has it for the same price, and I can even get it site-to-store, free shipping. You may not have had occasion to notice, but Amazon.com now requires a $35. purchase for free shipping. I’m amazed they held it at $25. for so long, so I’m not surprised. I’ll let ya know if I go for it, buying EAH may just be a passing fancy.


It’s funny, though. If there’s one character I liked in EAH, it was Raven, not Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty or Alice – yet I’ll probably end up with a nude updated Cinderella rolling around here soon. Ya never know, I may find a Raven I really like and go for it, I’m just kind of surprised at how expensive single EAH dolls are. Given that the amount of props are about the same, a narrowbox MH doll retails for about $15., but the EAH girls have yet to drop below $19.  Guess their clothes are more elaborate or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment