Saturday, November 2, 2013

I like the living room a lot more now !

Current Notes: It even came with an emerald green shade !

McRib Count 2013 : 03




I got my pleasant surprise the fortune cookie predicted – Beloved Hubby was home early, and I got to prowl Hancock Fabrics all by m’self. Boy, was that store destroyed ! Twice when I went to pull a bolt, the whole shelf of bolts came with it, and nearly all the fabric I chose wasn’t wrapped up as neatly as usual. Of course, I chose mostly ‘costumey’ fabric, and Halloween was probably crazy at Hancock’s.


The nice young lady at the cutting table agreed with me, but added that Friday and today had been almost as frantic. She theorized that, since the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are fewer than usual this year – something I hadn’t noticed – customers are getting a headstart on holiday crafts and gifts. Probably so.


Great sales, though. I got quarter-yards of gorgeous green and burgundy velvet, half off. And some glitter specked black velvet for nearly nothin’. Then I found a pack of pretty buttons for just 50c and some silver stretchy stuff, too. About the only material I got not on sale was a pretty pink striped fat quarter and, ironically, some Halloween material of moons and green stars I liked.


Then, it was off to Lowe’s for a tool Beloved Hubby needs. I found a great floor lamp with an emerald shade for $15. – something we’ve needed for the living room for months ! – and Dearest Son picked out a desk organizer lamp he liked. The fluorescent magnifier lamp’s bulb burned out, and he said he wanted something new. Can’t blame him for that ! Only problem is, now we’re completely out of light bulbs !



So we were all pretty happy. The lamp looks great, and adds just enough light to that dark corner. I can now read while relaxing on the sofa ! I hadn’t noticed, but Dearest’s lamp has a power socket on the front, so he now uses it to charge his camera battery, and stores the camera in one of the slots in the base. Clever ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment