Friday, November 15, 2013

Please welcome...Twyla !

Current Notes: Wish she'd take care of our dust bunnies ! 




Got to go to Kohl’s today ! I was looking forward to a little quality retail therapy time, but I ended up with Dearest Son firmly glued to my elbow. It became a much shorter shopping trip.


But I successfully used my $10. gift card, and brought home Twyla ! Her original price there was $34.99, believe it or not. And I thought Justice! and TRU gouged.  She was on at least the store-wide toy sale, but I couldn’t tell if she was on the further 20% off sale – they have these nice digital screen sale tags, but when it’s clipped to the middle of the center shelf, it’s hard to tell which toys are part of what it references. Even the price scanners (two departments away) didn’t show the 20% off sales, even on stuff the sale tags mentioned specifically.



Dearest Son found a Sunset Shimmer MLP – they want $8. for a toy that’s $5. everywhere else – but we hadn’t seen one in a while, and he had his allowance, so… Between sales and $10. cards, we strolled out of Kohl’s, Twyla and Sunset in bag, for $17.50. Not too bad, and I’d been thinking of getting a Twyla. That particular Kohl’s really didn’t have much else. I was about to pick up some dish cloths (theirs are pretty good) and head for the registers when Twyla fell off the shelf in front of me.


And now Howleen has her friend ! Really need to stitch her up something soon…


No comments:

Post a Comment