Tuesday, November 12, 2013

And now, we have *the* definite spelling !

Current Notes: Want. 




Not mine.
Darn it. 
Ohh, boy. The situation that had me so down and at a loss a few days ago has reared up big time, and it isn’t even our situation. Suffice to say the parties involved had it out tonight, and there’s no telling how it’s all gonna play out. All I can do is stay out of the way, protect Dearest Son, see if Beloved Hubby has any advice, and rest my own way back to health.


Yeah, my tummyache kept me up most of the night, and while it doesn’t hurt anymore, the muscles around it are sore and tender. I have only accomplished reading one of my freebie Kindle books all day – even standing up hurt, so I put dishes and laundry on hiatus for the day.


Heard rumors that the budget ‘Frights, Camera, Action’ and not-quite-so-budget ‘Scaremester’ MH  dolls are making appearances on store shelves, mostly at Justice! outlets. And on Amazon.com. Not really impressed by either line, although if this version of Jinafire doesn’t have such a stare-down expression, I’ll consider getting her. Otherwise, I’m waiting for the ‘FCA’ new characters (Clawdia, possibly Elissabat) and Slo Mo to show up on shelves before I reach for my wallet. Of course, Clawdia and El have been seen in Italy, and rumors that the ‘Ghoul Spirit’ line is in Canada right now abound. I have no idea why other countries always get the series I want first. If I don’t care about a line, of course it debuts Stateside…


Ah, don’t mind me. I’m just bitter ‘cause I can’t eat. Well, I can, but I’m afraid of triggering whatever ate me up last night ! I found the MH calendars on some sort of sale – half price ! – on eBay, from Calendars.com a couple days ago, and couldn’t make up my mind which one I liked better. So I snagged both. Two years ago, I got my 2012 MH wall calendar from them at half-price…in April 2012. They tossed in a free kitten calendar that DMIL enjoyed, too. While I doubt I’ll score any freebies this time, they ship fast and flat, so I was glad to buy from them at such a great price. And I’ll have a choice of calendars to re-use in 2015 !



My hope for tomorrow is flagging – parties involved are stomping around and sparking. But I fixed Chatty Cathy’s socks and hand-washed them, so my pretty doll is now correctly shod. Every day has its good points, even if it is just getting the right original shoes on a 45+ year old doll.  

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better, Dorrie! Try some ginger ale, ginger's a natural stomach-soother.

    ReplyDelete