Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dragonflies and summer shoes...


Current Mood : Crafty !




(sigh) I swear, I’m gonna give up on eBay. I get so tired of the same ole crap over and over. Of the last five orders I’ve placed, three have stepped the ‘print the postage on Saturday, actually take it to the Post Office on Thursday’ dance. I know I shouldn’t expect anyone else to function by my standards – I ship the day or the day after I get paid, whenever the PO is open, and I don’t claim to have shipped it until I’m home from the PO – but it ranks that the sellers get credit for ‘fast shipping’ when they’re actually taking their sweet time. It’s gotten so, if the post mark is a different date than the day given on the tracking number receipt, they get one star on ‘speed of shipping’ ranking. It’s a minor stand, but I’m taking it.


In other news…well, there isn’t much. Managed to spend 20 minutes in a Michael’s craft store and not spend a dime. Stunning, I know, but we were there for supplies for tomorrow’s art class, and aside from replacing a backdrop scrapbook paper I damaged – Italian salad dressing stain – there wasn’t much I was interested in. And now that I’ve used the backdrop and found that it’s not very useful, and they’re not on sale anymore, feh. Decided I didn’t need to replace it after all. Managed to find the Barbie-licensed ‘tapefitti’ rolls – removable tape with appropriate pink themes – but not the MH ones, a bit of a disappointment.


But once home, I checked mail and my last – for at least two months – Japanese fabric order from Kawaii Meow had come in. The colors are a bit more muted than I expected, but that made me so happy, as I wanted these prints for the guys. The one that shows as 'pink' is actually more of a plum color. The ‘scraps’ are generous enough that I can probably make t-shirts and smaller accent pieces for their ghoulfriends, like a skirt or tank shirt. Only problem is, there’s seven pieces of fabric, and I got 14 guys ! Oh, and one other problem – the fabric is so beautiful, I have trouble cutting into it ! So that project may be months in the future. Here’s hoping !


But that felt from the abandoned make-your-own-HooDude project, now that was easy up for grabs ! Decided to try to make some little shoes for Baby Belle out of the white piece, and about a half-hour later, the first one was ready, and twenty minutes after that, she had a pair. A bit too big, I think I gave the insoles a bit too much of a generous seam allowance. Every time I picked her up, her new shoes fell off. But…I still had a bobbin of elastic thread that wasn’t quite used up from Clawdeen’s little shirred summer dress the other day. Would a single line of stitching just under the upper raw edge snug them up a bit so I could use ‘em ‘til I improved the pattern ? Yup ! Now they look a little more like baby booties, but not quite ‘infant foot protection bags tied at the ankle’. So I’m happy.


I keep meaning to go out by m'self and have some fun, but I’m having too much at home ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment