Saturday, April 27, 2013

Poor Crissy - everything starts to sag the closer you get to 30...


Current Mood : B(r)ushed.




I love my window seat. I’ve been watching a gorgeous cardinal, strong and red and proudly singing every morning - everything a guy bird should be. Since cardinals tend to hang out in pairs, I’ve been wondering where the female cardinal is. Her brownish plumage tends to blend – but I saw her today ! She came swooping in from outta nowhere, scaring heck out of a handful of sparrows, a couple grackles, and the biggest blue jay I’ve ever seen. I hope they’re nesting.


I did some nesting of my own today – dishes and laundry, the usual. At least they’re done and I can relax tomorrow, hopefully. Started work on Baby Belle, mostly pulling a brush through her hair. Much like my original LDP Belle, I could swear her hair is two sets of fibers, the good smooth stuff and the woolly crappy stuff. On the underside is the good stuff, it brushed well and is still silky, but up top is the real mess. After a quick bath and shampoo, I got it brushed down and pulled back into the usual ‘village ponytail’ look, with a clear elastic holding her bangs down. Broke a comb doing it, too. Since she’s had some time to dry, her bangs are horizontal to her head – like a hair shelf -  instead of over it, I’m hoping some cheep fabric softener will help ease them down the rest of the way. Now that her hair’s mostly out of sight, she looks much better !


Even tried to sew for her today, a simple shirt that’s too tight and too high-necked, and didn’t even meet in the back, much less close. Still, it’s not too bad for a first pattern trial, and I’ve already revised it. And at least now, she’s got some clothes, even if they aren’t well-fitted.


And yes, your eyes do not deceive you, the second doll we bought yesterday is a Baby Crissy – the soft-body late-80s one. I mostly got her to gank her dress for the Timey/ Dottie/ Cathy brigade, but I had some fun brushing her ponytail out, and  unsticking her yellowed eyes. She’s going into the Donations bag in the next day or two. Those stuffed soft bodies are such a pain ! Couldn’t get her to sit upright even for a quick snap photo. I wonder if AG dolls are gonna be this floppy in another decade or two.


Her hair mechanism still works, and she’s in amazingly good shape for a playline doll pushin’ 30 years old. No real stains, and her fabric body is like-new clean. I hope she finds a good home. I gotta find her some replacement clothes…

No comments:

Post a Comment