Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Roasty, toasty Tuesday !


Current Mood : Tired !


Whew. I had a *great* ‘me’ day today ! I played with and reorganized every doll I own that isn’t an MH, it took all day, and I had a wonderful time. Dug out the props box and rearranged the shelves for the Barbies, and made space for Elphie – she and Fiyero were kinda isolated all by themselves. But they’re with old friends now, and I think everyone’s happier for it.


I’ve decided, however, that Fiyero is going forth to find a new home soon. Elphie liked him more as an idea than an actual love interest, and I have to say I agree. I never warmed up to him either, and I sincerely tried. I think I remember which Matt O’Neill doll he was, although I bought him as a less-expensive nude. Quick research shows I’ll probably get about what I spent on him back, especially if I toss in the Tonner shoe set I bought and the clothes I made for him. The leopard-print chaise is up for sale, too. I already have a better, more stylish chair for Elphie, she’s sitting in it now. Everyone else, however, is staying as long as I can keep them.


Rediscovered some great stuff you’ll probably see soon. Too bad my shelves are too short for that spiral staircase, but it’ll come out for something soon. I got out a buncha chairs, including the beloved egg chair, the Coca-Cola ‘machine’ (a tin that used to hold drinking glasses but it’s a perfect prop for Barbie-scale dolls), the Barbie piano, the stand microphone, the TV camera, a full-doll-length Bratz mirror, a twelfth-scale fireplace, and an adorable kids’ meal Star Wars prop that I have to use soon. Anyway, all the bookcase dolls are attractively arranged and dusted and hugged, instead of just dropped or shoved over there, and I like how everyone looks. And I have so many ideas for things to sew for them…


I’d meant to go through the bottom of the hall closet, where roughly half my doll stuff’s stored. Rest of it’s in my closet, with the craft supplies that aren’t under the Arena. But Beloved Hubby was home early, and took me out to lunch, like I’m gonna complain ! I barely had time to get everything stored and put back away before he arrived. Got the last MH box pieces stored, too – that’s why today’s image is TRU’s Scaris exclusive packaging. I had to get the image before it got stored. Hope to get to the hall closet later this week.


It’s hard to believe, but I was rollin’ sweat doing all that – it got up to 80 degrees today. Tomorrow, the projected high is only 48 degrees ! Doesn’t get back up into the 70s until Saturday. Ahh, spring ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment