Monday, April 15, 2013

If you think Edna Mode’s a critic, you shoulda heard Hoity Toity’s opinion !


Current Mood : Resigned




For some reason, I had trouble sleeping last night, so while the house was peaceful and quiet, I went ahead with one of my ‘me day’ tasks. Dug in the hall closet ‘til I came to the Tonner Tote and had a pleasant hour sorting through Elphie and Fiyero’s clothes. I’ve made her some nice stuff over the years, and sewing for her taught me a lot. Shame I’ve neglected her so. Got Fiyero’s outfits and shoes pulled out and put aside for the actual day, when I get him ready for his last photoshoot, for his eventual auction. Since there’s no point in keeping them, the things I made for him are going with, along with a pattern I found. Should be a nice bundle for someone who wants a Tonner Matt O’Neill doll with raven hair. I’ll be happy to get back what I paid for him, which wasn’t that much. Funny, how sentimental I am about Elphie and even my craftworks for her, but I’m not one bit sad about sellin’ Fiyero. Guess we really didn’t connect, at all.


I’m idly entertaining a thought – they usually run away from me, so I’m trying my best to be cordial to this one – that, once I get all the doll shifting settled, I think I’ll start devoting my ‘me’ days to one non-MH doll, all day. I can sew for him/her, dress ‘em, clean ‘em, just hang out and watch strange Netflix movies with ‘em. It’ll be in about another two weeks, since after I get Fiyero taken care of, I got the stack of 13 MH dolls under my desk to rehome, and I still don’t know how I’m gonna do that ! Dollpage, Craigslist, MLP message board, eBay…each one has its own benefits, and drawbacks.


Main reason I’m not sending Fiyero along via Craigslist is that jerk who bought the Gene set from me. Before he showed up, he tried every trick in the book to get me to lower my ridiculously low - $50. for a basic dressed doll, official blue Gold Star Ashton-Drake case, three additional older outfits, and four pair of shoes, with most of the paperwork included – price, but I knew what I had, and stood firm. Then, once money changed hands, he told me of the dozens of Genes he’d bought cheap, this was one of the few he didn’t have. Then he skipped out to a glittering new SUV that’s worth more than every car I’ve ever owned added together and multiplied by ten, and I felt like a sucker. I understand looking for a deal, but that was just ridiculous. Ah, well. We enjoyed the Thanksgiving Dinner far more than I’d been enjoying Gene anyway. I’d have asked that guy if he was interested in Fiyero, but he’d have probably offered me swimsuit Ken money.


I also went ahead and sewed the other ugly Ugg boot this afternoon. Even given a long break from them, they’re still ugly. See ?


And in awesome news, the computer equipment rebates Beloved Hubby said I didn’t have to bother with came in – thirty bucks ! Whoo-hoo ! Now I don’t feel guilty at all about Friday’s spending spree. In fact, we had another today, with a quick run to Hobby Lobby. We got some art goodies for the class Beloved teaches, and a Ghostbusters Ecto-1A model for Dearest Son. I do love those 40% off coupons ! As for me, I snagged a tiny star hole-punch, the spool of turquoise thread I forgot last week, and two drawer pulls. The green ‘crystal’ one from Michael’s looks great on my rolling drawer cabinet, so I decided to replace the plain silver ones it came with one at a time with random drawer knobs I find that I like. I now have a round white one with iridescent buttons imbedded in it, and a sea-blue crystal one in a different shape than the green one. ‘Home Décor’ was half price this week, so I got both for $4. I’m gonna try to keep each pull at $2. each, but I already know that one on eBay with the MH ‘shield’ logo is almost $6. Maybe I’ll find some cheaper ones along the way to balance it out.


Looks like my next ‘me’ day is gonna be Wednesday after class. Beloved’s gonna be home, but I still intend to do my stuff. But if he really, really wants to go out, I guess I can be persuaded…

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dorrie! I'm looking for a Cleo to customize, if you happen to have one! Give me a shout if you want! <3

    I love the mismatched drawer pulls idea!

    ReplyDelete