Thursday, April 18, 2013

Few minutes here, few minutes there... and Carlin says 'hi' from the deep !


Current Mood : Splashy !




Finally had a few spare minutes, so I went through stuff floating around the Arena. The quilting magazine the nice fabric seller gave me at the Flea Market was interesting, and had a cat applique I liked. Nothing else, though, so I scanned it and added the magazine to the Donations bag.


Then I went through the fridge, and added anything that was still safely edible to the stuffing I made for lunch. Yummy ! And with the exception of some green beans left from last night’s supper, we’re out of leftovers. Only problem is, the fridge looks rather bare without half-full bowls of miscellaneous bits filling them up ! I’ll probably give it another week or so, then cook up that other ham in the freezer…


Back at the Arena, I finally got to play with Carlin’s new ‘Siren’ tail. To be honest, I kinda hated taking her legs off, I felt like I was breaking her. I was surprised to learn she won’t stand with the pink fin part bent backwards, and it’s kind of a bit of balancing to get her to stand this way. Her headband isn’t even Mattel – it’s a Winx accessory from the shoe/wing sets – but it matches perfectly. I figure Carlin’s a ‘Splash’ siren, she only has the tail in water. Eventually, if Mattel ever makes Slow Moe, the tail will go on the CAM gargoyle boy I have standing in for Ghoulia’s main squeeze, and then he’ll become a stone merman figurehead. I’ll spray-paint the tail to match…or just paint the fins blue or black.


(sigh) Made the mistake of watching shows about collectors. Three episodes of the same show, and each one dedicated half to a dedicated doll collector. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised or dismayed that each collector was treated and/or portrayed as either an absolute loon or just plain creepy. I’ve read that doll collecting is the second biggest hobby in the US, but it’s not like respect comes with numbers. But it’s still sad to see these people either act to expectations or get edited to same.


It was a partial ‘me’ day today, but I was so sleepy from last night’s thunderstorm – we lost power to half the place for several hours, so we went out for a few groceries and storm-watched ‘til late – I mostly loafed. Luckily the fridge was on the still-working circuit. I have amazing luck finding markdown bags of salad that are still good, and it didn’t fail me last night, I scored two. We ate one as the storm raged, and I ate a third of the remaining bag for lunch. Caught up on some housework while Dearest Son was still at his grandparents’ – Beloved Hubby was picking him up after his classes – and vacuumed the floor. How we get a pound of leaves in a week amazes me. Next week, I’ll hafta start cleaning the back end of our place, although keeping the front end tidy is darn near a full-time job !


No takers on Fiyero / Matt O’Neill, which I pretty much expected. It’s nice that he’s had some lookers, though. Hope I’m not asking too much. 

6 comments:

  1. Carlin is so pretty!

    Got a question on your Matt...is it possible to measure the height of his head... I am curious to know how he'd look with my Ellowyne Wilde and Delilah Noir girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barefooted, he's right at 17 inches tall. If what I've read is correct, Ellowyne is the same size (but not shape) of a Tyler Wentworth doll, so here's a link to a Flickr photo of he and Elphie (Tyler bend-wrist body) standing together -

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dorriebelle/5672247019/in/set-72157626486359833/

    Hope that helps ! I know he'd be happy with you and your lovely girls !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Around his head - circumference, I think - is 5 3/4 inches. I think I may have misunderstood what you were asking !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your figurehead doll! Come on Slo Moe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well shoot, I was afraid of that! While height-wise he'd be perfect for my Ellowyne, his head is MUCH smaller! Thanks so much for getting me the info, hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob', sweetie. I'm gonna toss him to the eBay crowd this next weekend, hope he does well. Thanks for thinking of him for your girls ! Hugs !

      Delete