Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Stuff to look forward to...


Current Mood : Curious




Not in much better of a mood – yes, it’s still raining – and the only thing in the mail was a 20% off coupon to Bed, Bath, and Beyond Our Budget. I have a few bucks and had fun spending ‘em. So I guess I should have typed ‘had a few bucks’ !


Sometimes it’s a lot more fun to dig and search, get the most for limited funds, even more so than it is when you’re rolling in it and can have whatever you want. Thanks to a couple of Dearest Son’s purchases, I had several eBay Bucks, and used them to discount my latest purchase of NG Creations’ fourth pattern set. This one’s all dresses, many rather fancy. While several of the new couture designs aren’t really my style, there’s some simpler dresses I could do a lot with. I was surprised to see one design I really liked – I’d been trying to suss out my own version of that one, so I could stitch it up in that lame’ boucle fabric – but there it was, ready to go, the fit and style I wanted. With the eBay Bucks, Pattern Set Four was just a bit over six dollars, so I ordered it this morning. Reviews to come soon, as it’s already shipped !


Since I’m still in a MH slump and didn’t want any more doll shoes – gasp ! Who thought that’d ever happen ! – I knew I wasn’t gonna trawl eBay all morning. Ended up over at Etsy, admiring the lovely Japanese fabrics. Tiny floral prints that’d work up into gorgeous doll kimono, cute cat motifs that nearly purred, sweet ‘girly’ visions that made me want to buy them all just to roll around on ‘em. Maybe I’d turn into Katy Perry or something. I soon discovered the world of ‘scraps’ – smaller than fat quarters, I could snag a varied lot of 9.5” print cotton squares for about a buck each, plus shipping. Found a lot of six I liked that included two adorable cat prints, a rich burgundy owl print, two floral prints with nearly invisible bunnies, and blue dragonflies – for the guys !


It’s astounding how expensive that stuff gets. I lucked into the scrap sale, but anything larger than a fat quarter can get into serious bucks – and some of the FQs are sky-high, too. I’m hoping it’ll take less than a month to arrive from Japan, but who knows ? I found two places I hope to deal with soon as well as this one. So much beauty…


Speaking of – I saw a tiny version of today’s image on the MLP MH message board and went to the source to get a bigger version. Yaaay ! Too bad the US site has nothing at all, and even trying to look up the item number gets me shifted to purchase some toy sword that’s one digit off. Hopefully, we’ll get the ‘pre-order’ gig, too. Of course, that image immediately got changed slightly and posted as original to several other places…(sigh) 

1 comment:

  1. There really needs to be a "scrap fabric exchange program", where you can trade your fabric bits you're tired of for new stuff.

    ReplyDelete