Monday, April 8, 2013

Slow Monday...


Current Mood : Relaxed




Here's the 'scraps' lot  I bought, each about 9.5" square. Won't that
dragonfly print look awesome on the guys ? 
So. We had a bit of excitement early this morning. Beloved Hubby was up late working on a paper – that isn’t due ‘til Thursday, but he likes his papers to ‘rest’ a bit before he turns ‘em in – when his laptop suddenly went black. And stayed black. He couldn’t get it to restart or even turn on at all ! He ran some troubleshooting standards, still nothin’. Luckily, our tax refund is due in any day, but shoot ! We just bought that laptop a little over a year ago. It’s ridiculous for it to go belly-up for no reason. It hadn’t gotten wet, or dropped, or overheated or even remotely abused.


Turned out that the power supply, that black box between the power plug and the computer charging plug, for whatever reason, was really, really touchy. Replugged and repositioned, his laptop was back up to its previous perfect glory. Still, like with Venus-diesel, we’ve tiptoed around it all day. I got so freaked out that I backed up my files at 4am. ‘Cause, ya know, I just got my patterns the way I liked ‘em, and scanned that new one yesterday. And I hadn’t stashed a digital copy anywhere since December. Goodness knows how much work I’d have to repeat if my files suddenly vanished ! Even my lazy backside realizes it’s easier to save off a backup copy than redo all that. Freed up some space on a USB drive and ten minutes later, I had my pictures, patterns, recent writings, and embroidery designs – I gotta get back on that ! – stored safely. Not sure if Beloved has done the same, I left the other drives out for him.


Hmf. Now that I think on it, I should get an 8GB USB drive – or bigger – and use it just for that. Less clutter than CD backup, and easier to update. I’ll probably still do a CD burn once a year, but I think this’ll be easier for everyone.


Due to schedule conflicts, we held the class Beloved teaches today, which went very well. And it looks like tomorrow’s my ‘me’ day, possibly overnight ! That’s great, because Dearest and I need a bit of time away from each other, and we didn’t get it last week, so we’ve kinda been on each other’s nerves a bit. I have so many plans for the day, I’m gonna have to get up at 5am to have time to eat !


So I’d best get to bed ! Didn’t get jack for sleep last night, for some reason…

No comments:

Post a Comment