Saturday, April 20, 2013

One kitty in the fountain - must be playin' with the koi.


Current Mood : Wishful !




As you can see, I played with it some more, and had lots of fun. While it’s easy to obtain thousands of digital backdrops for ten bucks, I already have hundreds for free, so I think I’ll keep the cash for now. On today’s image, I played with matching the light and focus – the Catwalk Kitty was a bit softer than the fountain, so I blurred the fountain image a bit – and flipped ‘Sushi’ to get the best angle for the image. It’s kind of like watching a kid play with blocks for the first time, to see me use all these graphic image tools I’ve had for years.


My love affair with the OttLite continues. Thinking of buying an extension cord next time I’m out, so I can position it in front for photos, instead of just along the sides – that’s as far as it can reach now. I’m wondering if its softer light will make my dolls’ eyes look better, so I can use the camera flash less often. Half the time I use that, I have to remove or recolor their eyes from flash bounce – and that takes longer than erasing the backgrounds !


Found an Etsy seller offering bags of 24 fabric scraps for 20c. Before you stampede over, the scraps are anywhere from two by three inches to five by seven. Shipping was reasonable, so I bought three. I’ll let ya know what I get when they show up – if spending $6 on Etsy can keep me out of Hancock Fabrics for another week or so, even if I can only use a quarter of the fabrics, it’s still a good deal. Besides, I’ve been wanting to experiment with applique’ for a while.


Going to give Fiyero another week on Doll Page, just in case. Truth be told, I just got lazy today and didn’t get him listed. Beloved Hubby’s working this weekend, which means I don’t get a lot of sleep – I know it’s kinda silly, but I like staying up late, having a quiet house for a few hours, even if I do nothing but watch Bridezillas and work a Sudoku with the peace. And being super tired means I don’t have a problem falling asleep !


I’ve also been having an intense itch to create something besides a sales page, so I’ll probably sew a little bit later tonight. Not sure what, though. There’s this design element I’ve never gotten right, and I wonder…

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dorrie! I wonder how your background images would look printed on a wide format printer? Maybe on fine art paper so that there wasn't a problem with glare? I've thought about printing backgrounds (or maybe just one) on ours at work as an experiment. If I give it a try, I'll give you a shout.

    I'd suggest making a light screen to prevent problems with your lights/flash. Maybe something as simple as a sheet of wax paper that you put over the flash on your camera to keep it soft and prevent bounce on the eyes?

    ReplyDelete