Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dearest Son stages - and sells ! - his first house !


Current Mood : Wiped out ! 




So. I got darn near the whole house spankin’ clean in five hours. Four if you remove breakfast, lunch, a shower, and a couple breaks. Whew. Every dish in the house is clean, and the floor was spotless…that’s already changed, though. Darn leaves. Dearest Son took out two loads of trash, poured me two tall, cold glasses of water, and swept the walk. He’s such a help. While we waited, I stitched up a quick tube dress for one of the Dreamhouse Barbies, ‘cause the one I had on her was a terrible fit. Came out OK, and I felt good ‘cause I got to sew.


The buyer loved Dearest’s Dreamhouse, and we soon had the furniture and other pieces bagged up for her and the domicile shoved into her trunk, and $50. was in a baggie, hidden somewhere. He was happy, I was exhausted. Beloved Hubby was home about a half-hour later – he took one look at me and nudged me into having a quick lie-down, and poured me another nice glass of ice-cube filled water. I was sweat-soaked before I got in the shower. No wonder I shun housework, it’s exhausting ! I felt better a bit later, and we all foraged for dinner out of the freezer and the canned foods section of the pantry. There was just no way I was able to scratch-cook, and Beloved didn’t have much time, as he had to work tonight.


Checked mail – and the MH shoes were here ! I just love Lagoona’s DDG shoes, they look like shells and pearls ! And, stunningly, the fabrics from Japan arrived ! Wow ! Ordered them on the evening of the 3rd, and they were here today ! It took the shoes four days to move from East Coast to Midwest, but these were here in just over a week ! And they are every bit as gorgeous as pictured. Even more so. They’re too beautiful to cut into…but give me a week or so, I’ll get over it !


So tired. Thing is, while tomorrow will be more fun, it’ll be just as exhausting ! So far, our itinerary includes the Flea Market, Michael’s Crafts, TRU, and Hancock Fabrics. It doesn’t sound like much, but it’s a lot of walking and looking ! I can’t wait ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment