Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dead Tired...my 'real' zombie Ghoulia doll.


Current Mood : blah.




I’m in kind of a blah state. Spent a good hour cleaning off the Arena, moving the binders together, clearing off a crate top – don’t know what’s gonna go there, but it’s free space now ! -   and wiping down all the surfaces. I know what project I wanna work on next, and I spent a bit of the afternoon assembling all the patterns and fabrics together, winding a bobbin of the new thread, and firming up the design in my mind. But I just couldn’t make m’self actually cut it out or do anything approaching  a ‘real’ start. And, as a consequence, I don’t have anything new, so I don’t have a new photo. It’s silly, thinking everything shown here has to be new in some way, but I’ve managed to put m’self in that trap, and I’ve gotta figure a way out.


Instead I watched old ‘educational’ films on YouTube – on gossips, dating, sleep, and managing your classroom. Hey, it’s better than most of what’s on cable right now.


We had Beloved Hubby’s class at the Library today, and for once, I had my stuff together. For one Mom, a book I’d promised to lend but hadn’t been able to find, and another, an MH doll. Turned out, she does roller derby and wanted the Ghoulia Roller Maze doll, but the only place she saw her wanted $25. ! So I cleaned my duplicate up – unfortunately, it was the broken-armed body Ghoulia – and dressed her in her official gear, but substituting her sports glasses from the Classroom set instead of those tacky green sunglasses. She was thrilled, even with the broken arm, and thought my elastic cuff additions were perfect. So that was a great happy-booster, making my fellow moms happy.


That made me look at the other dolls in the ‘Sell’ box, and I ended up pulling Dead Tired Ghoulia out as well. I’ve never really favored her much – her lips are a blah shade of bubblegum that looks washed out next to her skin tone, her hair is unremarkable, and her expression is darn near impossible to photograph – so she ended up with Dearest Son, and that’s how I still have her. But today, I spent time with her, trying to capture her uniquely half-hearted ennui on film…and she wrangled her way back into my heart, and she’s now on the Arena with the rest of the ghouls. The blouse she had on had to go (it’s definitely not one of my best), so I replaced it with Picture Day Cleo’s blouse, paired with the denim skirt I made from some overpriced kids’ jeans I snagged at a ‘stuff a bag for a buck’ thrift store sale. I still have most of those jeans, I’m a sucker for the embroidered cats all over ‘em.


Hmpft. For being a ‘blah’ day, it was actually kind of exciting, now that I think about it…

1 comment:

  1. I am seriously in love with that skirt! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete