Saturday, April 6, 2013

Oh, please, Postal Powers That Be, get this to me soon!


Current Mood : Impatient ! 




This is the fabric – well, the second part to my order, the other part is five more pieces ! – I ordered from Japan ! Sure, it’s a bit oversized for most doll clothes, but I think it’ll make a gorgeous kimono for Ghoulia or maybe Catrine. Probably with a solid white bodice, and this print from the obi down, and maybe the sleeves. Or do one of each, one with a purple bodice and print sleeves, one with white up top and print on the ‘skirt’ part. I got purple, but it also comes as scrap pieces in pink and red. It’s only been ordered for a week, and I’m haunting the mailbox. Too bad it’ll take anywhere from another week to a month to get here.


But there’s other things to look forward to. The fourth NG Creations pattern arrived today, and I’m kind of excited, but now I see how she did this one, and wonder if I spent money I shouldn’t have.  I mean, it’s neat – she starts with three Basic dresses, then starts adding some small details to make them Fancy, then adds more and bigger to make them Couture. Thing is, two of the Couture dresses make me think less of Paris originals and more of ‘hot mess in fabric’, and one of the Basic dresses is a repeat from Pattern #3, the square neck one. And if ya wanna get technical, the one shoulder dress is kind of an extension of the one shoulder bodice from #2. But long as I have it, I may as well use it – just as soon as I get it scanned.


Still waiting on some shoes I bought. I have those neat ‘pearl shell’ Lagoona shoes from her Dot Dead Gorgeous outfit, and Clawdeen’s Dead Tired green slippers. I had fun tonight going through all my MH shoes because I saw an image of grey, semi-transparent ‘Barbarella’ shoes – where did those come from ? Did I have them ? I had the gold pair (Clawdeen’s Sister set), the white pair (I <3 Fashion Abbey), the purple pair (Abbey’s ‘budget’ fashion), and the black pair (Clawdeen’s Club fashion) – I thought I had ‘em all ! Turns out , I do – the grey pair never existed, save for on a prototype photo of I <3 Fashion Abbey. Both her shoes in that photo were colored differently that what was packaged in the eventual release. Whew ! I thought I’d have to go on a shoe hunt tonight !


Got all the pairs…well, paired, and not counting the 50 that are on dolls now, and the two pair not here yet, I have ten pairs for the guys, ten for Howleen, 17 pairs of skates (ice and roller), and 121 pairs for the ghouls. Wow. Think I can back off on that now…


Finally got a workable, wearable pair of hemmed shorts for HooDude. Extended it to pants, and I hafta scan that, too. It’ll probably only be downloaded twice, but it’ll be there soon for those two fans who wanna give the Dude some pants, but don’t wanna shell for a pattern. Least I can do to give back. So, just give me a couple more days, and it’ll be out !


And, yes, Beloved Hubby got the Venus-diesel running again. Fuel filter was mucked up, something even he says he should have checked/fixed months ago. What a relief ! Thanks for your wishes and hopes ! Not having transportation in the States is darn near impossible, and we live next to a major University. That doesn’t run buses on Saturday, go figure. There are times I miss living overseas… 

No comments:

Post a Comment