Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sew sweet of you to read this !


Current Mood : Still tired. 




Thank Everything we got to sleep in today – we all woke up with headaches. Dearest Son said he ‘slept too hard’, and that may be the most accurate reason. It’s also ‘Blame Someone Else’ day, which comes a day late for me to blame anybody for all my spending ! There’s two of the magnetic notepads I got from Michael’s dollar bins. They had matching cards and notebooks, too ! 'I'm too busy being fabulous for this to do list !' "Girl, I know it !" - I laughed out loud. Had to have it. And the hope that someone else will do all the chores is eternal. 


I forgot to tell ya’ll this yesterday, it was so cute. Dearest and I were standing in line at TRU when he notices that the Pinkie Pie in the MLP Collectors Set he was holding was badly rooted. He was right, too – it looked awful, like it had torn or only got half as many hair plugs. So we ducked out and sought a better set. I was so proud of him ! He found another that was much improved, and asked me to double-check his choice.


After all that deboxing last night – and lemme tell ya, those ponies were a debox nightmare ! – we had plenty of clear plastic lying around. Recycled as much of it as possible as pattern templates. It’s a lot easier and faster to use those with a rotary cutter than a paper pattern. I now have my favorite, most used patterns ready to go - five pieces for the ghouls and four for the boys. And in a couple months, with all those dolls I want coming out soon, I’ll probably have all the pattern pieces I want in plastic !


Now, for some random stuff…I’ve seen the recent ad for MH’s debut in Japan, and I am so excited. I’ve been making do, fudging, and otherwise making bad attempts at sewing things for my ghouls  from patterns that were intended for Jenny, Blythe, BJDs, Pullips, and even Barbies – most of them wonderfully beautiful designs from Japan. I figure, give them  a month or two, and maybe we’ll start seeing some of those incredible patterns made just for the ghouls and guys from those same creative hands. I loved it when I could sew one of those Japanese outfits for Barbie, and it fit without any corrections…the finished dresses were always so pretty…


And the ‘coming soon’ madness is already underway. With Bloodgood and Nightmare due out in June, and the Heath/Abbey & Ghoulia/Cleo sets expected in July, the hunt is already on. One store is already taking pre-orders – but they want $75. plus shipping for the H/A & G/C sets. Since they’ll probably be $30. each, $75. for both is probably worth it for people with limited transportation, or if they ship overseas, but…when there isn’t even an MSRP, I kinda feel like they’re gouging a bit. Rumor has it that their pre-orders aren’t that fast, and that they still ship incoming orders first, but I’ve never dealt with them before.


Mattel’s burned me too many times with this ‘run around like an idiot and be disappointed a few dozen times, only to see it shelf-sit for a month’ craziness. It doesn’t matter to me when I get it, just that I end up with it. I wanna go into a store and buy it, not get all insane over the chase again. So that’s what I’m gonna do. Luckily, I have the funds put away for what I want, mostly from not going too nutz with said moneys now. Long as I can avoid another day like yesterday…I think I can, after all, how many tulip lamps and pony figures does one house need ?


It is wrong, though, to say I’m already in love with that lamp ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment