Sunday, April 7, 2013

We specialize in flat bean bags !


Current Mood : Laid back. 




Not a lot happened today. Finally got the new NG Creations pattern scanned, so I can use it anytime. I also went to eBay and downloaded all the finished item photos she posted on her auction pages, so I’d have ‘em for reference. Streamlined and renamed some of the files, so they’d all match up, and they’re all ready to go. You’d think I’d jump on using some of it, especially the new one, but I wasn’t quite interested in sewing clothes today. Oh, I needed wanted to create something, I just didn’t quite know what.


Trawled YouTube and enjoyed some music, and watched some My Froggy Stuff videos. Hmm. I’ve made my own Barbie-size beanbag chair before, even made my own uber-simple pattern for it, but it came out looking more like a floor cushion. And her beanbag chair seemed simple enough. So I grabbed one of Dearest Son’s MLPs – Cherilee, I think – and used her for size. And the first one didn’t go well. It became stuffing for the second, which went better, but still looks like a floor cushion. And now only really ‘seats’ the smaller ones. Ah, well. I’m sure I’ll make another for dolls later, maybe it’ll go better. I’d stuff the next one with real beans, but even dried ones get expensive. The pound bag I used with the ham bone was $1.39, and I’d need at least two for an MH-size chair. Rice is an option, but again, I don’t really wanna use actual food when we still get occasional bugs. Maybe I can check out real bean-bag pellets next time I got to a craft/sewing store. Or buy a cheap Beanie-toy and eviscerate, recycle the pelt as a skirt or something.


Watched The Hunger Games on Netflix today, then had to watch Roller Town to cheer m’self up. Who knew watching a dystopian future society based on televised murder of underprivileged youth would be so depressing the second time around ? Roller Town isn’t the funniest movie on the planet, but it is the best skating movie ever filmed in Nova Scotia ! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: I also I have in my collection some mini ponies. Nice pictures. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete