Friday, April 12, 2013

I think this lamp has a genie in it - my photos look better already !


Current Mood : Delighted & Exhausted !




Dearest Son and I had such a great time shopping today ! He had his saved-up allowance plus the proceeds from the real estate sale – he had more cash than I did ! As promised, the first stop was the Flea Market, which was lookin’ pretty shabby. He got two big die cast cars for $25., I got a yard of silver-starry black fabric for $5. It’s gorgeous ! And already washed, always a bonus. She also tossed in a copy of Applique Quilts, which was very kind of her.


I went nuts at Michael’s. Most of their MH stuff was sold out, but I snagged four rulers, a big character eraser, and a large sticker for 30c each on markdown. They were sold out of the scrapbook paper boxes that were on sale, but I snagged a half-price ‘book’ box with a Paris theme – too narrow for the papers, but I’ve wanted one for months. I also got 15 new backdrops (also known as scrapbook paper !) while they were on sale for 12c each, instead of 59c. Used the half-off coupon for a hole punch that cuts tiny little hearts out of 2mm craft foam and some stiff fabrics – I may try using them as buttons, and if it works, snag another round punch.


Gonna experiment with boosting up the Coffin Bean playset sofas up a bit, so I got a bag of wooden blocks, which is about the only thing I paid full price for ! Well, I did pay $2. for a green ‘crystal’ drawer pull and a buck each for two too-cute magnetic notepads and a newsprint mini dress-form from their dollar section, but those were cheap as-is ! I hope to score more drawer pulls for my rolling cart when I find some I like. The one I bought today looks great ! Hard to believe I got all that for twenny bucks. I think I saved more than I spent !


Then, by Dearest’s request, we hit TRU. He got the pony set he’s been wanting – and I am soooo gonna steal Midnight Moon for photos when he leaves her out one day ! – and another bathtub set, with Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, since ponies were buy-one-get-one-half-off. Glad they didn’t have that in MH, I would have drove m’self crazy looking for something else to get ! And there wasn’t much to choose from. But they did have the ‘Siren’ CAM set, so I snagged it. I’ve been wanting it for a while, and today was the first time I ever saw it.


From there, it was off to Hancock Fabrics, where they didn’t have the pattern I wanted. Ah, well. They did, however, have the silver OTTLite I’ve been looking at, the tulip one. With sales and coupons, I could snag it for $32., not bad, but I don’t really need a new lamp, I just want one. While I studied it, Dearest told me that when he got money again, he wanted a desk lamp like mine, because he thought it was cool. Hmmm….. justification ! So I promised him my old one and snagged this one. Since I was already regally spoiling m’self – and fat quarters were full-price ! - I passed up new fabric, and headed for the register.


Oh, what fun today was ! I can’t wait to get some sleep, and enjoy it all tomorrow ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment