Sunday, May 13, 2012

What a difference a week makes !


Current Mood : Much better. Thank you !



Hard to believe the current tempest has mostly blown over, and the whole mess, start to near-finish, took less than a week. Oh, I know it’s not over yet, but things have settled enough for me to just enjoy the peace. Appropriately enough, it’s Mother’s Day here in the States, and I had a great day ! Hope yours was fun, too !


I told my guys that they didn’t have to do anything for me for Mother’s Day, since I got two new dolls last month. But we had some funds – yaaay for tax refunds ! – so we all got a few things we wanted, and something we needed. I have new headphones and what you see in today’s image ! It was so funny to see the four hooks arranged in the pegboard, all set aside for MH clothing packs, with all of three sets hanging on only one of ‘em. Well, there’s just one left now ! Happily, those were the two I most wanted, and I’d never seen either before. I’d never seen the one I left, either, but it was Frankie’s teal and red suspender outfit, and those colors next to each other make my eyes hurt.


It’s also the Thirteenth, so there were some MH goodies from Mattel on the ‘Freaky  Fab13’ site – an announcement of the partnership between WeStopHate.org, an anti-bullying non-profit, and Monster High. Very nice, and I hope it helps. I still remember those worst days of my young life, but they were short. Because most of us who were bullied banded together in high school, and the resulting group was too large to be threatened.  Even when split into smaller groups like on the busses, we still stuck together and stood behind each other. I hope other kids figured that out. Then again, it was the early 80s, that may not work anymore.


I’m petty, though, so I was more interested in the just-released new pictures of the school playset – it’s awesome ! I was seriously re-thinking it, since the price is fluctuating from the original $80. MSRP to $109. at TRUCanada, but I still so want it ! The original photos didn’t show all of the outside or the classroom…and it’s perfect, exactly what I would have wanted if I was designing it. Well, I probably would have gone with more bleachers and dumped the over-large speaker system, but that’s about it. Here’s hoping we’ll have the fundage for it when my birthday rolls around.


There’s also a slew of new doll photos out, and they’re all lovely, but when you already have five Ghoulias, it’s hard to really work up interest in buying another $20. one for her $10. outfit. Love to hear which ones you like !


(happy sigh) Maybe I’m completely wrong and tomorrow will be a disaster, but for now, I’m happy and content and loved. Thanks for helping me back to that place, ya’ll. Hope I can pass it along soon !



2 comments:

  1. Dorrie, I'm so sorry things have been so stressful! I usually read your blog, or at lest look for new entries every couple of days, but like your hubby, I went back to college too. It's kept me busy, so I missed the entire drama you have been going through!

    We all know you are one strong woman, you have been so much and we surly wish you didn't have to go through anymore but you can do this, even if you don't believe you can. If you need to rant or vent we are here to listen and we all care about you!

    I sold my textbooks back the other day and got a fairly nice amount that I wasn't expecting! Sometimes they wont buy them back if they aren't going to use them again, so let your husband know he can "usually" trade them on amazon.com for a gift card, you just print the label and postage is paid!

    (I don't work for them lol) Just think it's neat.
    Hope it's going better for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the fashion finds, at least a little good luck is sneaking your way :)It's good to hear that there is a little peace to be had so early too, you and your family don't need the added stress right now at all. As always, I'm keeping it short, but you are still in my thoughts. Take care!

    ReplyDelete