Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ghoulia rethinks her bright yellow bike...


Current Mood : Silly



Kind of a slower day today. It’s hot as anything since daybreak, so hot we cut each other’s’ hair. We’d all been needing it, and today was a good day for it. Beloved Hubby did most of the cutting – Dearest Son flinches too much for me to do a decent job of it – and I love my new, shorter ‘do. Dearest then went back to playing with the garden hose, which I’d had out to clean trash cans, and that devolved into a front-yard water fight that soaked all three of us. I beat both of ‘em into a shower, though. When my hair gets cut, both ends are sharp and dig in to skin ‘til I get every last cut-off strand down the drain. The ends left on my head somehow smooth out during the night, and aren’t sharp the following day.


By midafternoon, though, we were dry and hot again, so we finally turned the air conditioning on. It’s been off for nearly two weeks. The only other big news of the day was that we finally got the washer to drain completely without flooding the Garpartment. That’s good, ‘cause we gotta save every dime we can for The Move, and not running to the Laundromat will help. I’ll miss the romantic fun of those late-night runs, though.


I got down my Barbie Country Living Home, mostly to just look at it, and see what I’d stored inside. Whew ! I was afraid I’d lost some of this stuff. There was the wheelchair, the window, a white plastic 'wicker' chair, the trash can, and the vintage Barbie 10-speed. So glad I still have all that – plus a table and two chairs in bright orange, and a very fragile thin plastic Barbie bed. Since I couldn’t think of a good photo for my ‘Basic’ Ghoulia, I saved out the bike, and there it is ! Wrote in the Flickr that she’s still saving for the scooter she wants…


Also got the last of the library books turned in. Hope we won’t need more before we move – ever since we lost that one, I’ve been paranoid about losing another.


Oh, and Social Security has ruled that I don’t qualify for disability. Fine with me, it was the hospital and people at the VA who encouraged us to file in the first place. Yeah, I was pretty bad off this time last year (just didn’t know it yet), but I feel so much better now that, if I had been approved for it, I would have either felt horribly guilty for taking it or I would have refused. Feeling guilty all the time and being scared someone’s gonna catch you enjoying your life is no way to live, so I’m gonna take the denial and enjoy it. Since I never got anyone to give us a straight answer on the heart transplant issue, I’m gonna assume I’m no longer up for that, either, and take what I’ve learned so far to…well, to heart ! Besides, I really like having at least one piece of fresh fruit every day. And my kiddy-grade yoga on Wii Fit. And being outside for at least ten minutes a day with Dearest.


What’s kinda strange to me is that I miss my air hose sometimes. Lately, I’ll lie down and start to sigh, thinking I forgot to turn it on and secure the hose when I realize it’s been gone for a week now. While I was headed to the library, I got behind a truck moving some invalid bathing appliances and an oxygen concentrator, and felt an amazing surge of gratitude. I hope that person’s move goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment