Saturday, May 12, 2012

Aftermath blues...


Current Mood : Recovering.

Current Image Notes : Is it wrong that I really want one of these ?


Well, as the old song goes, Thank God and Greyhound He’s Gone. Living room’s trashed, with laundry and loose papers everywhere, there’s more clothes (dirty ? clean ? I don’t know) piled on the dining room table, and the kitchen’s so bad, we actually took textbook buyback cash and ate out. Guess who had a crapload of cleaning on her agenda today ?


At least the living room didn’t take much effort. I hung the shirts already on hangers in the two-feet-away closet, piled all the rest in his chair, tossed all his stuff in his computer armoire and closed the doors to it. It’ll stay there ‘til he gets back, and it’s not like he can whine about it. The way he left things, nobody could use the living room or dining room table for the sock mountain, land of laundry, paper snowfall, and scattered half-used toiletries. Frankly, from what I could tell, he spent most of yesterday on FaceBook instead of cleaning up after himself, so I get carte blanche to clean the mess my way. Like BIL and Uncle, he didn’t so much pack as he took what he wanted and left the rest wherever it was. (sigh)  


Meanwhile, Beloved Hubby curb-shopped two nice black meeting chairs. Once home, he and Dearest Son got ‘em fresh and clean, then removed the chairs’ legs, and the casters from their bombed-out office chairs. I helped attach the ‘wheelie parts’ to the ‘new’ black chairs, and poof ! New computer chairs – for free ! And the old, ridiculously worn chair seats and former chair legs broke down small enough to fit in a pick-up can. Nice.


Then it was time to change the oil in Venus-diesel. It was good we finally got that started, because that was how we learned her serpentine belt was nearly shredded. Some of it wedged under the hood latch release, and pieces and strings of it were everywhere. Some of it, no doubt, is somewhere between here and the Greyhound station. Easily repaired, and not even that expensive – we were very lucky it didn’t snap completely, leaving him stranded.


We had a brief chat with MIL today, and made sure she was OK – and knew that she was always welcome to come out for meals and companionship anytime. I’ll check on her during the day, too. She activates a white-noise machine when she wants to sleep, so if I hear it, I know not to bother her. So far, so good. After some residual morning anger / frustration, I think I’m adjusting and ready to make things go as well as possible. I just have to put FIL completely out of my mind or I’ll get geared up again. Right now, he doesn’t matter anyway.


And I appreciate my online friends more than ever. Thank  you forever, guys !

No comments:

Post a Comment