Tuesday, May 8, 2012

At least something in my vicinity is perfect...


Current Mood : Mind. Blown. 

Current Image Notes : While I was playing with the shoe box Sunday, I found the perfect accessory for Frankie’s new green outfit !



Whoo. What a day. I’m barely midway through a major hormone surge when a family member drops a nearly unbelievable bomb on us. It’ll change everyone’s future so much, I can’t imagine how anyone even conceived of doing it, and I’m confessing, right here and now, I’m not dealing with it very well. And I’m just a sidekick character in this mess. Everything’s still highly volatile and subject to change, so I can’t really discuss it, but it’s occupying my every thought. If plans go as announced today, believe me, you *will* hear exactly what’s going on, because there’s no way I’ll be able to function for several days without venting somewhere. Not sure I’ll be able to function *after* I vent, either. I just don’t want to get into it when there’s still a chance it won’t happen.


But I do know this, whether or not it happens, it has severely changed the way I look at the instigator. I haven’t spoken or even looked at that person at all today, and Beloved Hubby understands. We can’t explain it to Dearest Son, because of the high probability of change – while I can’t stand to deal with this person, I don’t want to color Dearest’s relationship with the *beeeeep*. I’m furious and upset, but I still have some slight shred of reason about me. Unlike this person.


Anyway. Got a call from the oxygen supplier, they wanna pick up their equipment since my prescription’s expired. (sigh) Another round of calls to my doctor, whose office says they renewed it yesterday, so please call the therapy office to make sure. I do – and they tell me they got a message from the doctor’s office, all right…and it said my prescription was cancelled. Wha…? I call the doctor back, and leave yet another message on the machine. No one calls back. I call several times until I get a person. Explain the situation again. This new person looks up my file, puts me on hold and asks to call me back…and yes, it has been cancelled. And so has my referral to the sleep apnea clinic. Evidently, the ‘stay on oxygen at night because we think you have apnea’ theory  has been cancelled, too. She reinstates my referral, and knowing my oxygen has indeed been cancelled, I called the supplier to pick up their equipment at their convenience.


And bolt down the last of my lunch  – it had been breakfast, but the bomb deployment hit just as I sat down, leaving me with no appetite for so much as a single bite of it, so it became lunch – because they’re sending the truck out in ten minutes. Moved all the stuff, from cannulas to cylinders, out to the porch and gave the emergency mega-cylinder and the air exchanger a good dusting. Sure, I live in a near-hoarder house, but I still have my personal pride !


Two hours later, the truck rolled away with everything but the cannulas, five or six plastic wrench-keys, and the mini-cylinder carry-bag. Those are all considered disposables, and aren’t returnable. So now I have about ten air tubes I can use any way I choose, and a carry-bag stripped of the nice webbing and buckles. We’ve needed to replace the shoulder strap on Beloved’s college satchel, and this one was better than what he had. Only took ten minutes to remove it, and I’m not sure what’ll eventually happen to the heavy canvas bag. I’m half-tempted to make a funky strap for it out of fabric – like how I did the Barbie purse straps, but better – and make it a weird purse.


What really ranks is how this is affecting Beloved. (bitter laugh) His classes are over for this semester on Friday. You can imagine how well he’s been able to study today. Frakin’ jerk. I am so bitter right now that mosquitoes won’t come near me, and stray cigarette butts have been spontaneously combusting. Dog across the street looked at me and stopped barking. I am almost dangerous. 

3 comments:

  1. I second that ^ Hugs to you, I really do hope things start going your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More hugs, sweetie. Family drama is the most infuriating kind! Hope tomorrow is better!

    ReplyDelete