Friday, May 11, 2012

Fare thee h#ll, FIL.


Current Mood : I don't really wish him h#ll, but I hope that bus seat has a small, annoying lump in it. 


Sincerely, thanks for the loving support, guys. You don’t know how much just letting go of it here helped – and reading that ya’ll saw it much as I did - helped. I know you didn’t have much choice, you only got to read my side of the tale, but I tried to be as impartial and truthful as possible. I was able to regain my calm after I posted last night and Beloved Hubby and I talked ‘til nearly dawn. His fears are valid, and while I may not believe anyone, much less FIL, could abandon MIL like that, it’s still an issue that needed to be discussed. So we discussed the heck out of it. And we made contingency plans for everything we could think of, that should help both of us feel more in control no matter what happens next. All else fails, we’ll do the best we can with what we got. Like sensible people always do. Like always. 


Sure, most of this mess ain’t ours. But what matters is what we do about it. Sometimes sitting around is the best you can do, but this isn’t one of those times. We toured the place we hope to move into, and filed an application. We should know Monday if we passed. I’m kinda nervous due to how speedily we left the last place, and moving in with his folks probably doesn’t enhance our standing, but we cast our own die, and either way, it was important that we did so.


Even if we get in, an apartment there won’t be available ‘til month’s end at the earliest. At least we’ll be able to take our time moving in ! (grin) Trying not to hope too hard, but it creeps into my thoughts. Despite what else is going on, I’m trying to keep only positive thoughts in my head. It actually helps that it’s pouring down rain – I love the sound of rain.


As bad as this is gonna sound, I haven’t spoken to FIL since Tuesday morning. I’m afraid of what I’ll say if I open my big yap around him, so I’ve done my very best to avoid the chance. Beloved understands, but it’s his theory that treating him badly will encourage him to react badly, so he’s driving him to the bus stop. I say, he’s already acting badly, maybe if he’s aware that others exist and may not always fall over in agreement with whatever he wants, he’ll give his grandiose plans a second thought, but we’ve had to table it for now. I refuse to help him hurt the people I care about, so my flappin’ mouth will stay here.


I got to talk with MIL for about ten seconds today. Reassured her that we were here for her, we’d talk later, and everything would be OK. She thanked me, told me she loved me, then disappeared back into her bedroom. (sigh) Hopefully things will get better slowly. It’s all I can hope for right now.


Here’s a laugh for ya, for reading all this. Monday, when I was going nuts *before* everything got spun around like a snowglobe in a hurricane, the one thing I could think of to look forward to was the next Monster High webisode, due to air yesterday. I finally remembered and got to watch it today. I’m actually a bit glad I missed the debut, I really needed the laugh today.


Now. Time to find that new normal…

1 comment:

  1. Is MIL on Medicare or Medicaid? If so, you might be entitled to some aid as her primary caregivers. Really though, I think you need to contact a lawyer who specializes in family court matters and see what your options are and what resources you may be eligible to take advantage of.

    FIL needs to know that his wife and house aren't just stuck in a time capsule until he's ready to come home, either.

    ReplyDelete