Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I wish I had a clue what to enter here...


Current Mood : Beyond. 



I have no idea what to say right now. For once, I completely lack the words. Even if I possessed the proper vocabulary, I still can’t say much, but quite a bit changed today…it got worse. Ever have a five minute incident that takes you two hours to calm down from ? We had two in the space of ten minutes.  And we’ll know Friday if the doomsday event horizon is gonna dawn. Beloved Hubby attempted damage control today but the situation spun into the crazy zone, and he hopes to make the instigator think about the consequences tomorrow, but…well, anyway. I’m making it worse for you, dodging around it without coming clean. If things go completely to the nethers, you’ll know the whole story Friday. Even if I have to stay up all night to type it.


I had intended to spend today trying to find the new normal, fold most of this mess up and toss it out, but with all the changes still swirling around, I’ve given that up. Instead, we battened down around each other and made contingency plans, and spent our last cash on a nice dinner out. Nothing too expensive, but not Dollar Menu at McD’s, and we all enjoyed some time away from all the issues and problems. We should be better off very soon – come on, tax return ! – or at least good for the weekend, since Beloved’s selling the textbooks he doesn’t wanna keep Friday. So I’ve found the hope, and so have Beloved and Dearest Son, we know what may have to happen next. Join us in hoping things don’t go to the crap zone we’re preparing for.


If my life was interpreted as an American Girl doll, I swear she’d never get past the usual ‘Changes For Dorrie’ book. She’d have six or seven volumes of that one. And the ‘Dorrie Learns a Lesson’ book would be painfully thin.  


I actually sewed last night, because my mind kept jumping around, making reading either online or off impossible. Earlier, I’d altered the ‘Bolero Jacket’ pattern from Tarja’s free set to the seam allowance I like, and I didn’t add the sleeves, making it a vest instead. I didn’t do too badly, but the jacket is a bit big in the back. May have erred in my seam adjustments. I used some scrap burgundy broadcloth, and Gloom Beach Frankie’s wearing it over her green blouse. She looks like either a girl scout, or a part-time door-greeter at Mal-Wart. My thread tension seems to be a bit off on the underside, so I still have to adjust that, too.


Maybe the second book after ‘Changes’ would be ‘Adjustments For Dorrie’ instead ?

No comments:

Post a Comment