Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's gonna be a gorgeous month !


Current Mood : More Home Ick than Haute Couture, unfortunately. 



While I had a real sewing groove going on there for a while, I’m gonna let it go for a day. I barely had time to play with a doll – today was GB Clawdeen’s day – much less sew. I think my next project has been in my way long enough for me to actually resolve – a Barbie outfit I wanna alter for Ghoulia. It’s too short, so I need to make a tube of matching fabric to go under it. Simple, but I have no idea where that fabric I wanna use has vanished to. So today, I mostly just played with her and got her nice and clean. When I had time tonight, I was too wiped out to do much more than watch an MST3K video online before bedtime.


See, I made a big dinner, for everyone, instead ! Nice meatloaf, baked beans, stuffing. Peaches and whipped cream for dessert, but everyone was too stuffed from dinner to eat it. It’ll keep. While I got it started at 5:30, we didn’t eat ‘til nine – the oven is messed up. For some reason, it just didn’t fire up (gas oven), so while I thought it was all cooking, it was mostly sitting there on the pilot light. I felt heat when I put it the loaf and beans in there, and thought it was heating up, but that was just the pilot or something. Ah, well. There weren’t many leftovers, and I found everything delicious, so I’m hoping everyone else liked it too – they said they did, and I hope it wasn’t just good manners. A pouch of onion soup mix really flavors up some cheap hamburger, I can say that fer sure !


Then I went to read one of my groups, and ran headlong into one of my pet peeves. Had it with Barbie, see it even worse and more with Monster High dolls. And it really shouldn’t bother me, I don’t do that and don’t deal with those that do, but it grinds my gears every time I see someone trying to sell a nude doll – maybe with the stand or the  hairbrush – for more than what the doll originally cost retail. I could kinda understand if the doll was old and/or rare, but when it was just released last year and could be found up until Christmas wiped everything out, it just seems so…wrong to me.


If you wanted Skull Shores Ghoulia’s awesome swimsuit, but not her somehow haughty-faced doll, that’s all good. Ya spends yer twelve bucks, strip what ya want…and expect someone else to pay $15. for your admitted leftovers ? Even with shipping included – less than six bux will get her Priority just about anywhere in the US - It’s almost insulting. Especially when the doll’s still out there for $12. with all the goodies in a brand-new box. I’ve about stopped my former eBay addiction due to sellers wanting $25. for the dress only off a $20. doll. Not to mention the other auctions for the nude doll ($20.), the shoes ($10.), the props ($10.), any other specials like additional outfits ($10. - $20.)  or glasses/masks ($7.) and the box (yep, seen that too, for $8.). Perhaps this doesn’t concern anyone else, and there’s lotsa folks who’d rather pay more for parts than the whole doll, or there’s no other way to get what they want. That’s eBay, and if you don’t like it, ya don’t buy it, easy-peasy. But when you’re in a fan group and see this over and over, I wanna pull hair. It just reinforces my distaste for fandom, and sometimes people in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment