Monday, May 14, 2012

It’s Ghoulia Week !


Current Mood : Cautiously hopeful...



Hang on to your slouch, ya’ll – this week is all about one of the most celebrated zombies in recent memory, the ever-adorable Ghoulia Yelps ! Since I mostly wanted Operetta’s first outfit for Clarice, my first ‘custom’ MH doll, anyway, it was an easy choice. Hope you like blue eyes and blue hair, ‘cause you’re gonna see a lot of it this week ! It also helps that, including Clarice, I have five Ghoulias…


I think she looks great in her new outfit. But in order to find her belt and bag, I had to drag out the underbed box…so I completely redid it. Y’see, before, I had some notion that one day, I might want to sell those first releases (especially if they were worth #1 Barbie money !) so I gave each doll a separate baggie of all the stuff that came with him/her. That was Ok for those first dolls. But then I lucked into all three ‘Dawn of the Dance’ ghouls…now what ? Separate baggies, or just add the few props to the ones they already had ? And then I got the beds and Hydration Station… it got so I tossed the shoes and wearable accessories in a container designated for them, and stuffed the rest in an underbed Sterilite box. Having the pets and purses in one place, the shoes and hair decorations in another, and the stands in a third got to be a pain.


So today, with the full, happy knowledge that I am never selling those 2010 dolls, I redid the box. Now all the pets are together, all the purses and props are together, and all the footwear and hosiery pieces are united. About the only things left underbed are the beds, and a box with cards, package leaflets, diaries, and other paper keepsakes. Everything has been reorganized, and all the purses and backpacks are together, so it doesn’t take a search warrant to find Clarice’s ‘Monster Mix’ cassette bag. Much better. And it was a great hour of digging through everything. Now… which Ghoulia’s gonna get Toralei’s outfit tomorrow…?


Not a lot else going on this Monday – still waiting to hear if we got approved for that apartment we want (and can mostly afford !). One of our creditors has assumed Beloved Hubby is deceased, which made some trouble. (sigh) I hate what big business has done…well, not gonna get political here. But thinking of politics makes me remember we can’t even take out trash ‘cause the pick-up cans are loaded and they don’t get emptied ‘til Tuesday. It’s starting to pile up just enough to make me look forward to 8am tomorrow morning a bit.


Otherwise things are going well. Turns out MIL isn’t nearly as, well…dependent as we’ve thought, she’s taking care of her own meds and most meals, and coming out a lot more. Heck, I’ve seen more of her today than I saw almost all of last month ! She came out so seldom, that unless she had her door open, we’d all go days without seeing her and just barely hearing her. I’m hoping this new trend continues ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment