Thursday, May 24, 2012

I'd actually expected things to not cave in 'til he'd been gone a month....


Current Mood : Bewildered



Well. When stuff starts to roll downhill, it only gathers speed, that’s fer sure. Sorry to have to drag in more ‘real life’ on ya, but updates to this will be sporadic at best for a while. We had to pay the ‘pay off or shut off’ gas bill this week out of our moving funds, and today, cable and internet got shut off for the same reason. Luckily, we all have laptops that we can take to various free Wi-Fi spots, so I can update on occasion, but I don’t see us doing that every day. And we sure don’t have the funds it’d take to pay the cable bill.


To tell the truth, we’ve been trying to get FIL to shut off cable for years, since it’s hard to justify $160./month when the $40./month gas bill is in arrears every other month, but he’s always refused. Even if we had the funds, I wouldn’t want to spend them on CSI and The Closer  reruns, and I know Beloved Hubby feels the same. It’ll be hardest on MIL, but I just don’t see what else we can do. I have to focus on everyone right now.


Yeah, we’ll all miss internet, but I think that’s for the best, too. I sew more when we don’t have access. I’ll probably make time to do those tutorials I’ve been thinking about ! Dearest Son doesn’t see six million cars he wants for roughly $3K each, and I think even Beloved’s blood pressure goes back down when he can’t see the political / financial pages at will. While Beloved doesn’t know yet – he’s at work – Dearest is handling it well. He was upset for maybe three minutes after we had a discussion about what was happening, then he snagged a snack and the Finding Nemo DVD and headed for our room. He’s happy as clams at high tide.


As for me, I got the bright idea to try that vest again, version 3.0, lined this time. So I sewed two together, planning on turning it right side out, so all the stitching’s on the inside. Good idea, but it didn’t work. Too narrow at the shoulders to turn. Even cutting it and giving the vest shoulder seams didn’t save it – that threw off the fit so badly, I had to toss it. But I have a new idea…


I’d say I don’t know why I’m so obsessed with getting the vest to work, but I have an idea about that, too. It’s not connected to anything going on here, really, but I’m a superstitious sort, and deep down, I think if I can get the vest to work, maybe Life will work out, too…I just have to work harder and be more clever.


What the heck. It’s not like I have a better solution to everything right now…



No comments:

Post a Comment