Friday, May 18, 2012

Need a soda, Ghoulia ?


Current Mood : Ready to Party ! Who's got the soda ? 



I was barely awake before Beloved Hubby asked me to go with him on a soda run – and we scored a white plastic set of narrow shelves, made by Plano. I’ve seen that name before, usually on tackle or tool boxes. It’s pretty tall ! We could take two off the top as end tables and still have toy shelves for Dearest Son’s room. Or a place to display all my dolls. It’s amazing what we’re finding out on the curbs this week. Despite shoving out a ton of stuff during Spring Cleaning, we didn’t find anything then.


As the heat grew, Beloved wanted to loaf on the sofa, but Dearest and I were getting restless. So we hit some yard sales. Pretty bad. Out of five stops, about all we saw were lots of little-girl clothes and baby stuff, and one was trying to sell bras and bikini swimsuits, along with trademark violation umbrellas, all brand new. Another had eBay printouts under most of their items, perhaps justifying their prices. He found a small Lucite box, probably for office paper clips, but also perfectly sized for Hot Wheels cars. I scored a still packaged set of four cork squares. They’re 12 inches, just right for doll photos or make-your-own bulletin boards. One side had a $2. price sticker, the other side just wanted a dollar. I didn’t see the other side until after I got ‘em home, luckily I saw the $1. sticker. I don’t think I’d have paid two for them.

From there, we went to Target. I confess, I really wanted a big jar of their Zen Garden trail mix, the one with all the tasty rice crackers, but I just couldn’t spend $8. on ‘em right now. I may indulge after the move. Nothing new on the Monster High front either, but I was still happy to see they had something on the shelves. Couple Rochelles, Operettas, and Jacksons, several Neferas, an Abbey, and a Sweet 1600 Clawdeen. Nothing else but dress-up clothes, erasers, and sketch books. I don’t mind telling ya’ll, if it turns out those new Create A Monster sets can make me two complete new guys, it’s mine ! Heck, from what I’ve seen, the older CAM sets are being re-released with two torsos as well. Ya know, I always liked that Sea Monster doll…just didn’t like her with a pink chest and blue arms, legs, and head. Guess our checkbook’s lucky they didn’t have any of ‘em today !


Debated buying a Stardoll outfit set on a slight markdown, but again, I couldn’t bring m’self to shell out $14. for just two pair of MH doll shoes. Dearest seemed to have similar economy issues – he turned down a $3. ‘collector’ Hot Wheels car to instead choose three 89c ones. He enjoyed them all afternoon, racing them around the ‘track’ he created with masking tape on Wednesday’s found desk. We’re livin’ large, baby !


I did find more erasers shaped like miniature food in the Dollar section, and snagged two sets. I’m a total sucker for those, but two corn dogs, a slice of pizza, a burger and fries, and a foot-long hot dog for a buck is irresistible on its own. Being able to take the burgers and hot dogs apart to make Lagoona a ‘kelp burger’ just makes it awesome.


They’d be even more awesome if they looked as good – and were more in scale – like Deborah’s. Her doll food is exquisite. She makes food I don’t even like look good enough to eat, and small enough to fit a dozen in a Sucrets tin ! Check out her store here.


From there, we stopped by PetSmartCo, whichever it is. Since FIL’s fish are mostly still swimming – four out of six ain’t bad ! – we decided to let Dearest choose a new tank resident. We're giving serious consideration to starting a much smaller aquarium of our own in the new place. We carefully looked at them all, and while I’m partial to neon tetras (what can I say, I’m the flashy sort), I really love the Black Molly we got. He (I guess) is stunning, almost completely ebony, fast and a bit playful. He likes to hang out by the filter, and seems to ride the currents from it, at the top of the tank. He also ate quite a bit at feeding time, and his fins seem to be up and healthy. Here’s hoping Brawley (Bro + Molly) is long-lived and enjoying every minute of it. 


And ‘Ghoulia Week’ concludes today with our favorite Classroom zombie. Since she just got something new, I decided a re-pose, with the underskirt showing, would be good. And with all this ‘eraser food’ sitting around, all she needs is a soda, which her Dad is bringing from the kitchen. The ghouls have plans for later tonight, so Ghoulia likes to eat early. TGIF, ya’ll !

No comments:

Post a Comment