Monday, May 7, 2012

In a mood. Skip this one.


Current Mood : Don't even get me started...



Hormone rush ! Sorry everyone, but this entry’s either gonna be really boring or really strange. Stupid body can’t make up its mind already…aarrgh !


I guess all of me’s just in a weird place right now. I still don’t know if I’m getting better or getting worse, the Dr. appointment I had to have two months ago to renew my oxygen prescription was more or less for nothing, since they didn’t file the paperwork, and no one will return my numerous calls. I feel better, but still haven’t dropped much weight, although my almost-constantly grazing FIL claims that he hasn’t been this thin since he was in his twenties, and his sum-total exercise is a twenty-minute walk up and back from a retail outlet every couple of days. Beloved Hubby’s fondest desire was to go back to college, and every day since has engendered a new litany of complaints about it, and nearly all the ‘hearth and home’ stuff is completely my responsibility, even when he’s home. I’m sewing fairly well, but frankly, I can’t concentrate on creating much beyond the simplest things. Hmpft. Guess I’m doing my share of whining, too…


Maybe I’m moving into my usual Spring mild downer cycle – when everything seems old and tired and boring, and there just doesn’t seem to be much to look forward to in the immediate future. Doesn’t help that we are quite broke right now, so there’s little chance to celebrate a little, but I know this doesn’t last long for me. Even the worst downer’s only been for a few days. I wish I could get excited about the new MH stuff, but I don’t really want any of it. Politics is just frustrating, and other frustrations won’t ever change. All I can change is me, and how I deal with ‘em, and right now, I’m dealing with ‘em by basically telling the world to kma. Yeah, every couple of years, my downer gets attitude…


At least I figured out where my pants pattern’s ‘keyhole’ kept coming from. Evidently, the back crotch curve needs to be a bit lower than the front one, which pulls the fabric more to the back and leaves the front a bit flatter. Well, that’s my best guess, comparing Tarja’s pattern to mine. It’s funny – I drafted mine by tracing the actual crotch of a MH doll. Guess that doesn’t work if you don’t know all of the little tricks and fixes. (sigh) Got the last few revisions scanned and cleaned up. Maybe I just need a (not really difficult) challenge or something.


And I tried making microwave popcorn on a stovetop. It works. Pretty well, actually – I had fewer unpopped kernels this way. I just cut the bag open, employed a spatula to scrape the bag’s insides into a pot, added a bit more margarine, and popped it like it was 1975. The inside of a microwave popcorn bag is, in my opinion, fairly gross. I could see that getting moldy fast, but I bet it’s fulla preservatives. FIL is getting really frustrated with the lack of a functioning microwave, but I still don’t miss it. I’ve quick-thawed stuff with Ziplock-type bags and hot water, reheated on the stove, crisped up leftovers in the toaster oven. Haven’t tried reheating coffee, but I’ve been known to nuke it and let it grow cold a second time, so again, not a big issue. If I want coffee these days, I’d best drink up !


Today’s photo’s from yesterday’s tidy-work. Had to swap out some dolls’ shoes and store some props, so the pets rode back to the bedroom from the study on top of the shoe box. The little blue frog is the one Beloved found for me in a 7-11 parking lot a week or two ago. Aren’t they cute ?

No comments:

Post a Comment