Friday, December 25, 2015

Deboxed ! Merry Christmas !



Beloved Hubby and Dearest Son tag-teamed on breakfast, so I could have a nice morning before the day was taken over with Christmas Feast prep. How sweet ! Dearest cooks some great bacon, I’ll tell ya’ll that right now.


I slept in ‘cause I really was up late over those stockings. Dearest was thrilled, he’d forgotten all about his ! He laid out his haul – about two cups of leftover Halloween candy, four different kinds of meat sticks, a MLP frame kit and coloring kit, a ‘Million Bucks’ (complete with reindeer imagery) candy bar, and an orange. Beloved woke up to his ‘Warm Hugs’ candy bar and immediately placed it in the freezer, for later. And neither of them had the slightest inkling of my sneaky ways.


After a delicious breakfast, it was time to get going on dinner. Timed everything around the monster 11lb ham, and got it started. Local grocers had some going-fast eggs on sale Thursday morning, so I got two dozen more, and put one carton on to hard-boil – deviled and plain appetizers ! Our menu was much like Thanksgiving – ham, roasted potatoes, stuffing, salad, green beans, and cornbread. Beloved’s current client gave us a pecan pie, too ! My glucose is gonna be through the roof for days, no regrets. It was delicious, and the guys already know I’m not cooking again ‘til Monday. Yaaay !

No comments:

Post a Comment