Saturday, February 21, 2015

Peekaboo !





I put yesterday’s dollar red beans to work right away and cooked a big ole pot of Ham Bone Beans this afternoon – so delicious. I’m always amazed at how much ham remains on (and in !) a well-picked ham bone. House still smells good, and I don’t have to worry about what to have for lunch for the next two or three days. Only problem is, we’re out of ham bones. But if I know Beloved Hubby, we’ll have a nice Aldi’s ham around Easter time.. One day, I’m gonna spring for that deluxe 15-bean soup mix that’s always right next to the regular dry beans array…


I was kind of working on the assumption that we’re in our usual mid-to-late-month money slump, hence the beans. We’re actually not doing that bad. We’re not rolling in it, but we’re almost up to date on the usual bills. We even sprang for pizza for lunch, using the usual ‘two large for $7.99’ special with cheese sticks special – minus a $10. off $20. purchase register receipt coupon we got last time we ordered. We had a feast with leftovers for a bit over $12. Beloved was impressed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment