Friday, February 20, 2015

Only I could possibly get addicted to grocery cherry picking...



I’ve been waiting patiently for the cheap grocery down the street to have one of it’s 3 to 4 annual ‘sausage sales’ – a local brand of both chub sausage and link sausage go on sale for $1. each for 8 to 12oz. It occurred to me that I haven’t been to any of the more expensive grocery stores since the move, and pulled up Homeland’s sale paper – and you know what I found ! While it was just the 12oz chub sausage, we needed some, and I actually had a bit of a grocery budget left.



As it turned out, they were having a big “10 for $10.’ sale, and I had a great time cherry-picking all over the store ! I got my load of frozen sausage and big boxes of generic corn flakes, six-packs of ramen noodles, cans of orange Danish and biscuits, dry red beans, and even the two boxes of fish sticks turned out to be a dollar ! They were on sale for $2.99 and I had dollar-off coupons printed online – and Homeland doubled them ! About the only thing more than a dollar was Dearest Son’s lunch pizza. Typically, the receipt said I saved more than I spent, but this time, I actually felt it was true ! It was a great haul.


No comments:

Post a Comment