Monday, April 28, 2014

The dress actually looks good as a tunic with the white pants, too !

Current Notes: I have three different white fabrics on the Arena cutting area...




No sleep for the wicked, ya know. Up early with Beloved Hubby, seeing him off to work, then it was time to start my own. For reasons too boring to get into, I had to get most of my housework done today – the weekend’s dishes, three more loads of laundry, putting even more loads away (was lazy last week), bathroom cleaning, etc. And that’s on top of the usual stuff, like cooking lunch, tidying and taking out trash from the weekend, that type stuff. I’m exhausted ! Even getting it all done early, I still didn’t get a nap, between the kids next door screaming all day (yes, same kids, same high-pitched day-long screeching), trains, Dearest Son’s questions, and random door slams. Much as I love to have all the doors open on nice days, when they suddenly catch a breeze and slam, it’s gonna disturb anybody. And I was disturbed, long before today, that’s the truth.


I’d intended to spend the afternoon sewing, maybe getting a start on the Frozen Anna doll project, but it was not to be. Putting away all the clean clothes took longer than I thought, even with Dearest putting all of his own away by himself. And then I found m’self making excuses to not go sew. Soon as I realized it, I planted my backside in the Arena chair and got with it. Decided to work on the slip, just a simple elasticized tube, but then I went in a different direction with it. Remember the lavender mini-dress I made for Belle ? It was much too big, and I’d altered the pattern, but hadn’t tested it yet. Decided to sew up the dress using the new draft, edge it in lace, and call it a slip. It was still too big under the arms, but the hips were snug already. So I altered it again, but since I couldn’t remember if I’d scanned the last version, just drew the latest changes to the pattern with pencil, then scanned both. Now I have a restore point if Version 2 doesn’t work. Here’s hoping.


At least I did get a slip, even if it’s too altered for the project. I think it looks nice on Tia, very cool and pretty. Next time, though, I’m tucking the ‘gathered’ part under the hemlines. Couldn’t do that with the neckline, so I did the hemline to match.



I swear, nearly all my sewing is pre-loaded with ‘next times’ ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment