Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I have my very own stars now !

Current Notes: It took me so many tries to get these to look right, instead of a buncha light blobs !




Today started briskly at about ten minutes ‘til 7. We were treated to our own version of a Mississippi Squirrel Revival, right in our own bedroom ! Somehow, a little grey squirrel got in there and was going for the candy bowl when he overturned it, knocked it to the floor, and in the ensuring panic, scattered books, Wii games, and dirty socks trying to get away. Luckily, he headed for the bathroom, so we opened the window, gave him a two by four under it to climb up, and left him alone behind a closed door. He was too scared to move, so four hours later, Beloved Hubby very casually picked him up and took him outside. I was grateful and relieved – and glad he’d put on gloves first ! Also glad Ginger didn’t spot him, or the carnage would have been longer, messier, louder, and probably deadly.


Beloved also hung the stars for me this evening. Actually, it was just a tacky light display string from the thrift store (possibly from Big Lots or Family Dollar originally, from the looks of the packaging), but I liked it, and it came home with me for a mere two bucks. And then, like me, it sat around for a month. With all the housework underway, I decided to either use them and enjoy the tacky I paid for, or donate them back - either way, they had to be elsewhere by nightfall. I got the end two hung, and the second on the right, but couldn’t get the other two without moving the whole Arena, even with the stepladder. Beloved got the last two from the first rung of the ladder without moving anything. He’s amazing !


And I have stars I can say were hung just for me, that shine day or night. And that I choose to enjoy my tacky. While everything but the main Arena was pulled out and shuffled around, I swept underneath things that shamefully hadn’t been cleaned for a while, and rearranged some tools so I could get to the Arena. Sometimes my chair gets blocked by tool chests and boxes. It’s an easy excuse, but I gotta get with it. We also need to redo our living spaces. I’m hoping FIL reclaims their HUGE television from the living room. We go weeks without using it, and frankly, I prefer our smaller, thinner one. Beloved’s planning to eliminate the living room closet and kitchen pantry, and install built-in bookcases/ DVD shelves with a TV shelf that’d make much better use of the space.


But that’s in the future. For now, the stars knocked over some of the MH dolls on the bleachers, which is OK – I’ve been meaning to take them all down, do some quick dusting and adjusting, and maybe eliminate a few. I’m way past due for that.


1 comment:

  1. Love the stars! That's crazy that you had a squirrel intruder! Glad he got evicted without anyone being bitten.

    ReplyDelete