Friday, April 4, 2014

Scenes From the Shoe Struggle in Middle America

Current Notes: Quite a variety for the money ! 





I can now state, unreservedly, that TRU-branded Journey Girls shoes definitely kinda~sorta fit DP&M dolls. They’re too long, but that can be fudged. And some shoes are much longer than others. They do fit as far as width. That’s almost perfect. Most American Girl and clone shoes are darn near circular, they’re so wide, and they look comically disproportionate on Tia and Belle’s feet. While even the nearly ridiculously long JG equestrienne-style boots are waaay too big on Belle and Tia, they don’t look that bad when the doll’s standing, and there’s cotton in either the toe or heel to help out a bit.


It was so funny. As you may remember, I mostly bought the shoes to get both the shipping and 20% off discount, and in the minor hopes that they’d actually fit my latest dolls. Since TRU has had a long-standing policy of allowing store returns of online purchases, I was sooo careful opening the packaging, in case I’d need it.


Beloved Hubby watched me for a minute and said it looked like I was breaking into a locked jewelry box with a pair of kindergarten scissors and my fingernails. Well, we have several pair of Kid Fiskars™ around the house, and they actually cut fairly well, so I may as well use ‘em, right ? Although, the way those things were packed, the shoes might as well have been jewels…



Anyway. Since they mostly fit, I’m keeping ‘em. The pink flats fit the best, the purple sneakers look great on Tia, and I like the little black boots – not sure about the houndstooth rain boots or the leopard slippers. So I could have just ripped open the box, but I’m glad I didn’t. Just in case. When things are super-flush (yeah, right !) I may snag a second package of them, for spray-painting. Can always eBay the ones I don’t want. Heck, somebody somewhere may have twin JG dolls who need matching pairs of black and green rain boots. 

1 comment:

  1. Have you taken a look at the Our Generation doll shoes at Target? Some of them look pretty cute, and you can even get one pair at a time.

    ReplyDelete