Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Home Improvement - the 'return leftovers to fund the next project' kind !

Current Notes: Listening to an awesome extended MLP: EG intro, with download !




I must be really tired. Dearest Son and I walked into McD’s today, intent on obtaining two Happy Meal Princess Luna toys. He’d eschewed a kids’ meal when I got my Luna, of course, now he wanted one. I wanted one for Presto, because mine is awesome, she’s awesome, and she deserves one. They simply need to be together. So. I’ve been playing with the notion that ‘anything fits the meter of ‘Do You Want To Build A Snowman’ from Frozen, and, like I said, I must’ve been really tired. Because I marched up to the counter, and, before I could stop m’self, sang “May I have two Princess Lunas ?” to the unfortunate assistant manager. She chuckled, said “I’ve been singing ‘First Time In Forever’ all week.” She dug in the Brat Box for a moment, handed me twin Lunas, and rang them up, lightly singing, ‘That’ll be $2.17’ back to me. She also told me these may be their last two Lunas, as she’s the only pony anyone’s been asking for by name, and she didn’t see any more non-Twilight purple in the box. So, yaaay !


That was about it for fun today. You’ll be stunned to learn that Amazon has already credited our account for the water heater – gosh knows I was. And I did have some fun smashing up that constantly-touchy running toilet with the weird flush mechanism this afternoon – Beloved Hubby was home today, and finished the main bath shower tiles and started the bedroom bathroom floor, necessitating the fixtures’ removal. Luckily we already have a replacement throne, so it was an odd joy to take a sledgehammer to the old one, and heave the pieces into the just-emptied pick-up bins. Amazing how strong they are, to hold my weight over and over, yet barely take a hammer-tap before they fall apart. This may be the first night in two months that thing won’t ‘sing’ me to sleep. I may actually miss it…


For fun, I guess I can also tell you that there was a freebie toilet on the curb down the street last week, and another two blocks over today. Luckily, we didn’t need either, but evidently, this neighborhood is hard on porcelains !



I hope to sew tomorrow – to be honest, it all depends on whether or not Beloved is here, and what home improvement task he wants to take up next ! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I can't believe you found her! Thank you thank you thank you! Is there anything you're looking for here lately that I can swap to you for her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naah, you've found me four impossible MH dolls - it makes me happy to find something for you ! Should have her in the mail in the next couple days, if it's OK with you.

      Delete
    2. Ok, but I'll be trying to think of some way to "get you back", lol!

      Delete