Sunday, April 20, 2014

See Tia Sparkle !

Current Notes: I have got to make Tia some new clothes already ! 




Skipped the thrift today. Just couldn’t work up an interest in time to go. Maybe later this week, but right now, I have enough of everything right here. In fact, I’m having trouble placing it all where it’ll be safe. So I may just skip this whole week. It felt good to linger around instead of dashing off this morning.


Learned I don’t like whole-wheat English muffins. Love the regular ones, but whole wheat is just too springy to toast up dry and crunchy, the way I like ‘em. At least they were from the bread section at DTree – and I scored regular ones last time I went !


While I didn’t get off my round rear to do it, I did make something today. Finally took apart the ‘bling’ lanyard I got from Dollar Tree earlier this month and made Tia a sparkly headband from it. It’s basically a strip of plastic ‘rhinestones’ glued to felt, so I simply measured her head, cut the lanyard and elastic to fit, and hand-sewed them together while watching old, nostalgic music videos on YouTube. Since that only used ten inches of the nearly 30, I had plenty left, and knocked out a similar one for Miss Rarity. With half remaining of the original strip, I can easily make headbands for other dolls. It’s a bit too thick for belts for most of the smaller ones.



I’m glad I hand-sewed it, as I had to clean glue residue off the needle with each line of stitches. That would have been a nightmare if I’d tried to run it through the sewing machine. The keyring originally included replaced a splayed and damaged one on my green star carabiner keychain, and the plastic clasp and black cord became a ‘tombstone’ necklace for Slo Mo. Not bad for a buck ! I’d get more – there were several colors available when I bought the silver one – but they’re long gone. Well, maybe they’ll come back one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment