Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Ok, now that everything I bought is cleaned, stored, opened, and enjoyed... sewing tiiiiime !

Current Notes: Finally, the last Deluxe Fashion Pack...well, packaging ! 




Local transformer blew up late last night, looks like it took Dearest Son’s computer’s power supply with it. Or it just went belly-up on its own, no telling. He was actually fairly mellow about it – it helped that the tablet goes online, and he could use that. Plus I finally installed the Wii to the living room TV so that we can watch Netflix out there now. Been meaning to do that since we moved.


Dearest’s first movie choice ? Ghostbusters 2. Gosh, I miss Harold Ramis…(sniff)


(grin) Got the karate-gi style shirt stitched up late Monday night, and decided to wait for sunlight for a decent photo of it. The pattern called for bias tape edging and belt, well, since this was a fitting trial, I just hemmed it instead. This fabric also has some spots that didn’t think were very prominent… until I finished stitching it. Oh, well. Maybe they’ll come out in the wash.


Sleeves are still a bit long, even after I took them up about a quarter inch on the fly, so I’ll amend the pattern, but the fit is otherwise pretty good along the arms without any adjustment. I think it’s a bit blousy in the back, though, so I may narrow it a bit. Pattern also calls for a sewn-on belt secured with snaps, but I’m lazy, so I grabbed a purple fold-over elastic strip (formerly a 1-of-6 headband pack at Dollar Tree) and gave Tia a snazzy tie-on belt that holds it together instead.


I’ve already got the next pattern picked out – here’s hoping for early nights for my guys again !

No comments:

Post a Comment