Saturday, April 26, 2014

I think I've OD'd on doll shoes.

Current Notes: I'm about to give up...




It was a really good day for Chez Insanity ! Beloved Hubby installed a new door he salvaged from a job site earlier this week – saving it from the Dumpster – and replaced the broken sliding glass one here. It looks so much better, lets in a lot more light, and actually opens without anybody having to lift anything ! And we added some insulation we had left over. Yesss ! The one we were looking to buy to replace the old slider wasn’t as nice, and would have cost $180.


He got called in to work a few hours, though, but came home with a loveseat. He’s been wanting somewhere to sit and loaf in the Study besides his desk, so when he called to say he had a worn but in decent shape one, I told him I’d clear the space so he could just drop it in once he got home. I’ve been wanting to eliminate that clutter-catcher table and put the stuff he dragged out back into the closet for weeks. Opportunity ! By the time he got here, all I had left to do was sweep and relocate the drafting table. He did that, and the loveseat’s right under a window, comfy and smelling a lot less like beer now. Febreeze is my friend (even if it is the cheep Dollar Tree knockoff version).


I also found a place for The Gale Encyclopedia of Science  I bought from the Library, and repurposed the box the six volumes came in to hold bathroom stuff. When he installed the new toilet and reinstalled the sink, we got rid of the listing-heavily shelves. With nowhere to put your usual bathroom stuff, it’s been in the bag I shoved it in since. At least now, we can see it, and if the box ends up sticking around, I’ll cover it with fabric, make it less of an ad for ‘Uncrustables’ and more of a ‘aren’t you glad we have  spare fabric’ thing.


We also finally got rid of the three shopping carts in the backyard. FIL occasionally ‘borrowed’ one to bring home groceries when we didn’t live here (there’s a grocer about five blocks away). But he wouldn’t take them back, he’d just borrow another one. It’s been bugging me, and I’ve wondered if I could get one into the 4Runner, haul them back one at a time. Just couldn’t get them through the narrow path between houses. I now think he just drove the carts right into the house, unloaded, then ditched ‘em in the back. Of course, that’s when the sliding door opened enough for anything wider than a cat to go through. The new door allowed us to wheel them through the house and out the front door, right into the Ranger truck. Alleluia !


However, my sewing tonight…(sigh) It’s bad. Real bad. Not quite ‘rend the fabric of time and space’ bad, but close. After all those shoes that were too big, I finally made them too small. And kept on making them too small. Seems as though nothing I did fit anymore. I gave up when the second to last kept falling into the trash can when I dropped it (three times !) and the fourth time, I left it there. The last effort was even worse. So, we’re literally back to square two, Friday’s efforts, until I can figure out where I’m fouling up.



Gonna take a shoe break for the rest of the night…

No comments:

Post a Comment