Sunday, April 27, 2014

And it's only a month to Memorial Day, too !

Current Notes: I once wore white shoes to a Christmas party. 
Yes, I've always been a fashion rebel - although most
would say I'm more of a woman who just doesn't care about the rules !





Decided to hit the thrift today – had to go out anyway for milk, bread, and toilet paper. They had lots of new Barbie dolls, some in outfits I’ve seen hanging on Mal-Wart pegs for $6. Tempting, but I have my greedy eyes on two eBay lots, and if I snag either of ‘em, I’ll have spent more than I should have !


Still, $9. brought home over 200 sheets of good graph paper, in still-sealed 20 sheet packs, three sets of vibrant colored pencils, two single-subject notebooks, and a pack of elementary-lined filler paper, all bundled together, and five pairs of pants for my guys. I even got a bonus on one pair – there was an elegant handkerchief folded up neatly in the back pocket. The filler paper is already in a binder for Dearest Son’s schoolwork, and he and I each claimed a pack of pencils. We’ll save the other for art class or somesuch.


I was kind of proud of me for not buying the $6. bag lots of tiny Barbie accessories. I’m usually a total sucker for those, mostly because I love going through and sorting everything. But I already have a ton of that stuff, mostly too small to use, no real point in adding more. To tell the truth, I almost feel the same way about MH. Saw my first handless DracuLaura in the Barbie bin – the first Dead Tired one, in a torn, inside-out Gloom Beach Frankie’s swimsuit. I felt so sorry for her, but she remained there. Hope someone can restore her and give her some fun.


I’m starting to wonder… at first, I thought Frankie was the MH star, since  most of the early webisode plotlines revolved around her, she was the one you saw first in the ads, etc. But I think if you actually sat and counted all the releases, DLaura is the most widely distributed character – I think there’s maybe two lines (RollerMaze is one) she hasn’t been in. Frankie’s not in every release, far from it.  Plus, how many of the ‘movie’ plotlines have centered on her ? And of the few MH dolls I’ve seen second-hand, and often damaged, they’ve all been DLauras. Makes me wonder if Frankie is still the captain, after all, and DLaura is the designated red-shirt.



Stitched up three shoes today, and after much fussing and futzing, finally got two worth keeping. I even got a right and left foot one – no matter how much I turned the pattern, I always ended up with right shoes. They don’t quite match perfectly, but I can work on that. Yay, me ! I can make doll shoes worth keeping ! Although I think three a day is my limit. I’m looking forward to resting my eyes with some solid sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment