Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sparklies from Dollar Tree !

Current Notes: Shiny stars !




Busy day today. Beloved Hubby had a short list of things he wanted from Dollar Tree, and so did MIL, so I got to take Dearest Son ! Kind of the same-old, same-old, but they had my popcorn chips back in stock, so I was happy. I also found a pack of plastic ‘jewels and gems’ with four silver stars in it – it took some digging – and snagged it, too. Not sure what I’m going to do with the stars, or the other 26 plastic shinies in the baggie, but they’re certainly fun to look at ! They also had many colors of faceted thumbnail-size ‘gemstones’ that were just beautiful. I’d have a bowlful if I wasn’t trying to be careful of my spending. I was already having to justify two bags of popcorn chips, ya know.


They also had some nice kid-size butterfly wings in stock and new fashion dolls on the pegs. Dolls are the usual strange blow-molds with stringy hair, but many of their dresses trod that difficult line between ‘nice’ and ‘super cheap’. For the most part, the fabric was intriguing, the sewing and trim choices could be improved a twitch. There were two or three I wouldn’t have minded having, but my basket was already getting full. And I kind of hesitate when the dress doesn’t fit the doll it’s intended for, and it’s obvious.


Before and after, it was laundry day, and I’d sort of skipped it last week, as FIL had a lot to do because of the old water heater’s flooding. So I had mega-piles of it today. Saving the last load for tomorrow – bathroom floor mats – so they can dry all day in the sun, over the fence.


And thanks to an e-mail ‘Sale !’ ad, I scored my choice of two free machine embroidery sets from Designs By SiCK, and took a bit of inventory. I hate buying the same thing twice when I don’t have to, and not all embroidery places can throw up a ‘you already have this one’ flag. So I always check, just in case. I knew I didn’t have ‘Spring Sewing Blocks’, as it was just released last week, but the ’53 Miniature Snowflakes’ set I wasn’t sure about. And the Snowflake Alphabet they sell is pretty, but the one I already had, I liked better. I used the points I earned from dozens of promotions back when I was on that site constantly, so the two I got didn’t cost any money and there’s still enough for a couple sale sets left. Yaay !



I may actually get back into machine embroidery soon. I want to use the million or so designs I have sitting on my hard drive, not to mention my lovely machine, Brody. I’ve been thinking about some of my behaviors over the years, and just recently began to understand why I’ve done some things pretty much the wrong way for decades. Sure, it’s easy to say ‘I don’t try as often as I should, because I’m afraid of failure’, it’s another to see how that’s been working in my life – short answer, it hasn’t – and challenge it. I also get very frustrated very fast, and while I don’t normally quit, I do tend to ‘put off’ trying again once the original project is complete. By then, there’s twelve more projects that intrigue me. And, of course, most of them need me to purchase just one little element…

No comments:

Post a Comment