Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Here we sew again !

Current Notes: I'm sewing again - and it's a DB original ! 




If there’s one thing I learned last week, when I didn’t write at all, it’s that I have to make time for it. And if I just sit down and start, no matter how boring I believe my day is, I can always think up something to meander on about.


I completely missed the New York City comic convention, where some new dolls have been shown… mostly because again, I’m not interested in any of them. Oh, I rather like Elissabat’s dress, but it’ll either be a much simpler version by the time it hits shelves, or it’ll be an expensive exclusive. Pretty doll, too, even if she does look a *lot* like DracuLaura to me. Either way, we’ll have to wait and see.


(grin) I’ve done enough surveys to bank enough to pay for Slow Moe… if I find him for the projected shelf price of $15. So far, all I’ve seen of him is a MH magazine graphic and some cheesy rip-off ‘pre sale’ auctions on eBay. Prices on those are as ridiculous as the sales themselves !


And, as usual when I start whining about money, I suddenly got an urge to make something. It’s taken me years to connect those two events ! I decided to try the revised camisole pattern I’m making, version 2.0. The first one was too big around, armholes (‘armscryes’) were too far to the back and too large – in short, total FAIL ! But it’s a jump-off point, so I took the fails and redrew the design with them in mind. And, as you can see, 2.0 isn’t that bad. I’m using fabric I’m tired of, whatever thread’s in the machine, recycled Velcro ™, and ribbon scraps from other projects, which is why it doesn’t look as good as it could. Plus, I’m really not good with strap placement, especially having them hang equally. I’ve got next to no experience with it. But I’ll be more careful with 2.5 ! I might actually keep 2.5…



Version 2 has a big similarity with 1 – it’s still too big, in the front and all around again – so some trimming to 2.0 might just be all it needs. You’d think that something so small, so simple would be so easy, but I guess everything worth trying needs some trial and error to be its best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment