Monday, February 18, 2013

Trials and drawing boards...I think this is Trip #7.


Current Mood : I'm SEWING !



I think Ginger-kitty and I have finally reached a détente – she showed me she can still get in a window with an inch and a half of space, no matter what I do, but to humor my frayed human temper, she’ll use the wider space I made for her, and try not to stroll across my desk. But she has no apologies for whatever she knocks over !


At least her balance is returning. She’s adjusting pretty well to her ‘new’ tail, and now that she’s found her appetite, she’s not shedding nearly as much. So my eyes aren’t reacting nearly as badly. Win-win !


Beloved Hubby’s home today, so we went out for a nice family lunch. There’s an authentic Greek family-owned gyro place down the street – a less authentic one across town – that he’s especially enamored with, so we went there. Two lunch specials feed all three of us with leftovers for at least one more meal. It’s super humid and smoky in there, even though it’s a cigarette-free place, so I haven’t gone in since my last visit triggered my asthma, but it smells heavenly from the parking lot. I think we were all drooling by the time we got it back to the nest !


Settled down to a nice mid-afternoon sew. I’ve been putting it off for days. Then I realized why -  I don’t really wanna sew any more pattern trial bodysuits. I’m bored with them and want more fun projects, but even as I’m whining about it, I really want to get that pattern right, in order to share it already. So I compromised. I only need to sew up one a day, then I can make whatever else I want afterward ! Stitched up version 7.0 today, and there it is. Needs to be a bit higher, and the closure in the back is very narrow, so I’ve added a bit more to the pattern for 8.0.


It’s getting close, though. Looks better with a skirt, see ?


Also measured Howleen’s waist – it’s the same ‘about two and a half inches’ as a standard ghoul’s, so I don’t need to make patterns for her specifically. Well, probably pants. She’s shorter in the torso, so pants’ rise will need to be reconfigured, but skirts, blouses, and dresses should fit fairly well, both patterns and finished items. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: the design of the skirt is very nice. Great job. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete